10: Disappeared

Comincia dall'inizio

Saru just went over to the bed and tore apart the card and dusted away all the petals from the bed and fell on it. I didn't stop her because I knew she had to vent out her anger. Saru then noticed the white bathtub, that was covers in many rose petals and went to it. After she went in, I followed her, opened the door to see her in the bathtub with her clothes on , trying to get rid of all the petals while crying her eyes out. 

She's really hurt, first by her father, then by her fiancé.

I picked up her wet arms and told her to get out. She shook her head and hugged me. After she let go, she looked at me and slowly pulled me in for a kiss, and I kissed back. It was soft and sweet but then I realized the situation and broke it off.

I was about to walk away but Saru fell into the bathtub as she hugged my leg. I felt a tear drop down my cheek. "You'll hate me for this tomorrow, Saru."

"Please, Inder." She whispered softly.

I couldn't break her heart and she will hate me, I'm just a friend, has no value and this would mean nothing even though it would take the one thing that proves her innocence.

I shook my head and picked her up bridal style and went to the bed. I tried to put her down, but Saru pulled me in and I tugged away. Thinking over my options, I hugged the banister and tried to walk away. Saru got up and pulled me in. But I was worried, it can really hurt her feelings.

I cannot reveal any more details about what happened because I cannot write about scenes like this. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I opened my eyes to see the beautiful Saru. I caressed her hair and she opened her blue eyes sleepily and closed them again and fell asleep in my arms.

***

I woke up with a jerk to see  Delilah gone. It was about 9 am, I got up and looked around for her. "Delilah?" I called out. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and went to the window and saw the weirdest thing. 

Delilah was hugging Theo?

Already?

Well, her arms were loose but she was still in his arms, and they walked out of the hotel together alone. At that moment, my phone beeped from my pocket to reveal a text message from her.

Saru: Hi, Inder. I met Theo this morning outside.  After all that has happened, I didn't know whether to say sorry, I love you or goodbye...

Seeing this, I knew she was naïve enough to forgive him. After all that has happened, she used me? I didn't even get a proper goodbye from her. I banged my hand on the bed pillar and tried to think, where could I find her?

It was like that day all over again, it was my fault and I still needed her. That envy was really taking me over and I couldn't just wait, I needed to ask her, why?

***

A couple days went by, and I still couldn't find her. So I decided to leave to another city and start a new life. Many people would say it's being a coward, and trying to turn away from your problems, but I'm trying to protect myself from all these different emotions stirring up inside of me.

I went back to my apartment Ms. Lily gave me and covered all the furniture in sheets. With cardboard boxes, I packed in my smaller dumbells and a couple of my favourite pillows and coverlets.