I wiped my stupid tears with embarrassment. "It's beautiful, Mom. I'll never take it off. Thank you," I said and hugged them both. 

"Er, I got you a present, too." I looked up to see who interrupted our picture perfect family moment, and laughed when I saw Chase looking extremely uncomfortable. He was standing next to Connor, who winked at me when I looked his way. Lauren was beside Chase, holding his hand firmly. She was just starting to show, her little baby bump visible in her simple white tank. I smiled at them both. 

"Aw, Chase! You didn't have to do that," I said. He shook his head as if to say 'nonsense' and handed me a medium sized shopping bag. What could that be? 

Wrinkling my eyebrows, I reached into the bag. And I started cracking up. 

I brought out two walkie talkies, tossing one to Chase. I was still laughing when he explained to me, "Now I can communicate with you without having to stand so close. And without having to witness the sound effects of you two's PDA." he pretended to shudder. Connor chuckled and clapped him on the back, sending me a smirk. My stomach dropped in anticipation; I just wanted to kiss him now. 

"This is great," I laughed. "We can have code names and everything!" I pressed the call button on the side. "KiKi to DILF, Kiki to DILF, over," I said into the walkie. 

Chase raised an eyebrow. "DILF?" I nodded at Lauren's baby bump. And they started cracking up, looking at each other with so much love and emotion I had to actually look away. 

"Oh God, what have you done, Chase?" Connor pretended to groan, but I could see the grin trying to peek out. I slapped his arm playfully, but he caught my hand and intertwined it with his. I bit my lip so I wouldn't make out with him in front of my parents. I had my PDA limits. 

It was hard though, with him being so irresistible all the time. Seriously, I was convinced the Moon Goddess sculpted him herself. 

"Wanna go outside again?" I asked him. Frankly, I just wanted to be alone with him so I could do what I've wanted to do since we woke up this morning: kiss him like crazy. 

"I'd actually like to talk to Connor for a moment, if that's alright," my dad interjected, making me widen my eyes in surprise. His face had the 'don't mess with the Alpha' look to it, so I knew not to disagree. 

Connor practically jolted in surprise, his body stiffening. It was clear the two were having some sort of man stand off. "Of course, Alpha," he said, his voice taking on a serious tone. 

I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't they just finally get along? After all, Connor would be taking my dad's position one day. Instead of trying to intimidate him, my dad could be teaching him! 

With a quick kiss on my cheek, leaving me more hungry than satisfied, Connor untangled his hand from mine and followed my dad into his office. The large door closed with a loud click in the otherwise silent living room. 

"Well then," I dragged out. "I guess I'll still go outside before the snow stops." I hugged my mom, then Chase. "Thank you guys for the presents. Really. It means a lot." 

 My mom kissed the top of my head. "We love you. Now, where's Adrian? He was so excited to give you his gift a couple of days ago, and now he's nowhere to be found..." she trailed off. 

I snorted a laugh. "Adrian's a little preoccupied right now. I understand." I decided I'd keep his Savannah secret for now. For now. That boy seriously needed a good knock on the head. 

The cold wind shocked my senses as I opened the front door, smacking me across the face and whipping my hair back. It was practically on the verge of a blizzard; I could barely see. Most people wouldn't dream of going out in this weather, but I loved the snow. Being a werewolf, I never got too cold, and winter always brought cozy, warm fires and hot chocolate with it. Especially this year, I'd have Connor. Picturing us by the fire made me forget all about the cold. I wonder what he'd look like in a sweater, I thought. 

Looking behind me, I noticed that I couldn't really see the pack house anymore. It was a hazy, dark blob now, but I didn't mind. It honestly felt great to be alone for a while, even if I was just out on the front lawn. I breathed deeply, my breath turning into another cloud of white to add to the blizzard. Although the weather was stormy, it was dead silent. The snow made no sound; there was just the occasional howl of the wind through the surrounding forest. 

Suddenly, a click. 

It sounded unnatural in the white haze. I peered through the snowy air to see a figure. It came closer, and my breath caught in my throat. My blood froze to ice, and I stood stock still. 

"Hey there, girly," he said, wiggling his fingers as he came into view. It was the hunter I'd seen months ago, the one who threatened Connor and I that one day on our way home from school. He smiled teasingly, like he didn't have a care in the world. He had a weird looking gun pointed at me, and I registered that the click I heard was probably the safety being turned off. 

Okay, don't panic. You've been training for months now, I thought. I jutted my chin out, to show him I wasn't scared. But my knobby knees were giving me away. He chuckled, his scruffy, copper beard catching snowflakes. 

He aimed the gun, and my eyes widened. Trying to be brave wasn't working. I thought of Connor, my heart aching in my chest; he wouldn't even know what happened. I mean, we were right in front of the pack house. No one would think anything was wrong, unless - it hit me. I fished in my pocket and grabbed my birthday present. I held down the talk button on my walkie talkie, and before I could talk myself out of it, I screamed into it. 

"Chase, help!" 

And then there was blinding pain. 

_________________________________________________________

Sorry :( it had to happen! 

Next chapter should be up really soon. 

Don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and most importantly, enjoy! xx