fifty

"what are you doing? let go of him!"

"who are you?! prove to me that you're his parents!"

they couldn't get me to let go.
when he turned around in the store, and I seen him start to cry I knew something wasn't right.

"you can't expect me to just let him go. explain to me how you lost him."
I moved chanhee behind me.

his  father stepped up, giving me a sympathetic look.
"we have been looking, miso we've been looking for him everywhere; the first thing we did was call the missing child department."

I softened my stance and my heart started to turn to mush.
they looked so longing for their child, thirsting as if they had forgotten his face.

but something wasn't quite...

"that doesn't make sense."
I watched as the man knitted his eyebrows.

"the day I met chanhee I checked with several authorities to look into missing child reports and their were none that matched chanhee."

I lifted a finger when the mom tried to speak.

"not only then, but when I met his current guardian he said that he had been watching over chanhee for weeks and also found no reports."

chanhee gripped the bottom of my shirt, daring to look past me and at his parents.

"and for the past few months there have still be no reports."

"what are you implying?" his dad's voice dragged my heart down to the pits he came from.

"someone's lying. and I highly doubt it's the MCD."

the woman stepped up to me and my cheeks burned. perhaps because she was so tall that I was eye level with her bust.

"I am his mother, I should not ever have to explain myself to a child like you."
she reaches behind me and I pulled chanhee farther away.

"how did you get in contact with chanhee?."
I glanced between the two, sucking the inside of my lip.
at that moment my phone rung and I looked down. it was yoongi and he sounded beyond scared.

"miso have you seen chanhee? I haven't seen him all day and I'm getting worried."

I lost all color as I backed away from his so called parents. I didn't like this situation at all.

"yeah..I have him."

I stepped back and began to speed walk,pulling the dumpling faced boy up into my arms.