fourty two

today I was walking chanhee to the courtyard.

I wanted to show him the rest of the school before we go home.

"think you can run all the way down there?"
I giggled.

"ne, eomma I can run really fast."

"then show me!" I encouraged and nudged him. immediately he started to run. and I couldn't help but feel proud that he was so healthy and strong.

"that's a pretty fast kid you got there."

I turned my head and my heart immediately began to beat three times as fast as before.
"oh, annyeonghaseyo senior jungkook."

I bowed slightly before turning to look at the kid."he is pretty fast."

jungkook watched a while, and the longer he stood next to me the shorter I began to feel.

I tried to avoid eye contact until he placed a hand on his hip and turned to speak.

"is he yours?"

oh how many times have I gotten that question now? atleast a billion.

blushing, I brushed my hair back."no. he calls me eomma but we only met about a month ago."

he nodded, looking back at chanhee was pouring all his energy into those little legs to bring him back.

I heart him snicker."good. because I don't think I'm ready to date a girl who has kids right now."

my eyes widened and I looked up to him."excuse me, date?"

your shoulders shook when you laughed and I could've melted when you brushed your hair back.

"that's right, date."
he looks to me, knitting his eyebrows.
"unless I'm not your type and you rather just be-"

"no no! I do! I mean...I'm cool with dating and all." I stupidly assured and my blood began to warm when he brushed my hair behind my ear.

"great...because I've been wanting to ask you for a while.."

a group of guys ran by us, some of them calling jungkook's name. I guess they wanted him to come hang out.

"I guess I'll see you later okay?"

"okay."

he turned to leave but quickly turned back.
"is it too late for a goodbye kiss?"

my words got stuck in my throat and all I could do was shake my head like a maniac. my crush wants to kiss me.

slowly he brushed his hand against the back of my neck, I closed my eyes and leaned in.

"hey! stop messing with my mommy."

my eyes widened.

I turned to see that chanhee had made it back.
quickly looking up; I was afraid that he had ruined the moment between me and my crush.

but jungkook didn't seem to mind, rather he leaned in and this time his lips pecked forehead.

chanhee's eyed got as wide as saucers and if they could get any bigger they would; the poor child didn't know what to do. his mom...being kissed by another man?

jungkook pulled back and smiled.

"later okay?"

"later."