Ceremony

Enjoy the update (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am being accepted into the pack with an official ceremony. It's  tonight and my nerves are setting me on edge. I keep trying to point out to everyone that this is ridiculous and unnecessary. But the truth is, I'm scared. 

I've never been in a pack before and I'm scared to be in one now. After all I've been through and what they had done to my Mom, I don't think I can manage it. I'm two seconds away from running off and Nick seems to be able to tell. 

He gathers me in his strong arms and my back is against his warm, strong chest. I want to close my eyes and make the moment last for a very long time. Unfortunately, there's always got be a little sucker who ruins it. In my case, that sucker is Luke. 

"Quit the cuddling." His lips curl up in disgust as he enters the kitchen. 

"If we're lucky, your face might just stay like that forever." I say with a sweet smile.

"And if we're lucky, you might just disappear. Forever." 

I glare at him. "You're unbearable."

"That's funny. I was just going to use that word to describe your whole personality."

I give him a wry smile. "Good thing I already used it."

"Good thing." He nods in agreement, "Now I can think of something better. What do you say, Nick?"

I can imagine Nick rolling his eyes as he says, "Shut up, Luke."

Luke looks offended. "I see you've officially taken her side. At least Logan still loves me."

"Actually, I'm on her side, too. You're an ass." Logan walks in and heads straight for the fridge. 

Luke rolls his eyes and mimics Logan in a girly voice, "Actually, I'm on her side, too. You're an ass."

Logan sighs and gives us a 'see what I have to deal with?' look. Then he grabs a pot and fills it with water before setting it on the stove. 

"You're cooking tonight?" Nick asks in a hopeful tone.

"Unless you want Luke to?" Logan replies with a knowing smirk.

"Hell no!" 

And then they both laugh and I find myself enjoying the moment even more when Nick is laughing. I snuggle closer against Nick and his arms tighten around me. Luke makes a face at me and I purse my lips in annoyance. 

Lizzie comes into the kitchen at breakneck speed and I casually say, "Where's the fire?"

She giggles and it's literally like wind chimes. "You have to get ready for the ceremony! I have just the perfect dress for you. Well, I stole it from Audrey, but she'll be okay with it. It's going to be so nice to have someone new in the pack!"

Nick chuckles lightly and pushes me forward. I already miss his arms around me. I reluctantly start to follow Lizzie when Luke sticks his foot out in my path. I hate myself for not seeing it coming, but there's nothing I can do. I start to trip when Lizzie's hand shoots out to steady me. She fixes a steady glare on Luke and then jabs him in the side with her pointy elbow. While he's distracted, she grabs his ear between her index finger and thumb and twists. Luke yelps and as a final blow, Lizzie ruffles his hair drastically. She gives all the boys a warning glare, then smiles at me and starts walking again. 

Damn, she is good!

Luke glares at me, like I'm the one who just attacked him. I snort in disbelief and go after Lizzie.

~~~~~~~~~

This Audrey girl sure has style. The forest green dress I'm currently wearing is elegant yet stunning. It's form fitting but not overly tight and I never want to take it off. I feel confident and beautiful, airy and light.

Lizzie is gushing in the background about how gorgeous I look but I'm still in my initial state of shock. My eyes can't leave the mirror and I'm sure the party downstairs has already begun.

Lizzie quickly slips on her dress, not caring that I'm in the room. I get a flash of her naked before she lets the electric blue dress fall down to her knees. Her hair is curled in tight little rings and she's absolutely beautiful. Xander is one lucky guy.

I want to stand in front of that mirror and stare at myself forever but Lizzie is having none of that. She grabs my arm and drags me out of the room, muttering about how late we are. I don't really care, though.

When we get downstairs, the place is stirring with nicely dressed people and I'm momentarily in awe again. All these people are here tonight to welcome me into this pack. Their kindness almost brings me to tears.

"Oh my gosh." Lizzie says. "Do you smell that? Cookies!" She practically sprints across the room and attacks the plate of cookies on the food table. I laugh to myself. She is such an odd Luna.

"You're gorgeous." The sudden whisper by my ear brings me chills and I turn around. Nick cleans up well. He looks sexy in a pair of black dress pants and buttoned up green shirt. The ends of his hair are damp from showering and I allow my fingertips to drift over them.

"So are you." I respond with a small smile. He grins and pulls me close.

"Are you excited?" The excitement is clear in his brown eyes.and I can't help but love him a little bit more.

"More like nervous."

"You should be ashamed." Luke appears out of nowhere with that same smirk on his face.

"Why would I be ashamed when I'm better than you?" I shot back.

"Because you're a rogue. Rogues don't join packs. You're a solo loser."

"And you're a solo moron." I growl at him. My blood is beginning to boil and I want to attack Luke really badly.

"Whatever. Have fun up there." He tries to smile but it comes out too smug and there is a mischeivous sparkle in his eyes as he walks away.

"He's up to something." I say to Nick.

"Or he's just trying to get on your nerves and ruin your night. Ignore him."

I stare him down before sighing. "You're so sensible."

He grins in response and then Lizzie is there, pulling me away from him. "It's your time to shine, Iris!"

I suddenly want to rip my dress off and go to bed. I've never done anything like this before. But it's too late to change my mind as Lizzie drags me to the front of the crowd outside. Xander is there, patiently waiting for me. His eyes lighten when he sees Lizzie, his mate. I wonder if Nick and I have that kind of...affection.

I watch the crowd anxiously. Unfamiliar faces meet my gaze with smiles and I'm surprised. How can they be so nice? This pack should be called the Heaven Pack because it's good enough to be Heaven.

I uncertainly smile back but when I see Nick standing off to the side, my smile grows. Maybe I had thought wrong. Maybe packs aren't so bad. Maybe mates aren't so bad, either.

Maybe this is exactly what I've been needing.

♦♦♦♦♦

Fan, vote, comment!

Okay, so, this chapter isn't so exciting but the next chapter will definitely be!

Sorry it took me so long to update, too! I'll be updating more frequently now.

Sorry for any errors!

Thanks for reading (: