So she made the next move as she offered her hand to Lauren once more and when that warm velvety hand was within her grasp, igniting the inevitable rush of hope and conviction, Camila knew, she would never let it go again.

-----

"You did not do that!" Lauren gasped trying to stifle her laughter.

"I did! My editor put me up to it and you know how horrible I am with public speaking..."

"But seriously, Camz, what kind of an opening is that? You're supposed to enlighten those young minds, not taint them with the insight of your nerdy obsession with hotels' toiletries..." Lauren chuckled, gaining back her composure.

"Oh please, it is very insightful. It shows how inspiration can strike us so suddenly at any time and any place. Can you really blame me though? Those toiletries in that hotel we stayed at in Vienna were so luxurious!" Camila exclaimed, recalling one of the trips they took when they were younger.

"You're such a dork..." Lauren mumbled, shaking her head. Her eyes filled with unspoken adoration. She let her gaze linger, appreciating the imperfect beauty of the younger woman.

"It's one of my best virtues!" Camila declared proudly, raising her hand in the air.

"It really is..." Lauren nodded in agreement, smiling genuinely at her ex wife. She had always loved this side of Camila, carefree and pure. Well actually, she loved all of Camila's side. Loving Camila was the easiest thing she ever had to do.

"You're doing it again." Camila said in a low voice, bowing her head down with a slight blush.

"Doing what again?" Lauren retorted, tilting her head.

"Looking at me like..." I'm the reason for your existence on earth. "You know what..." Camila huffed, unable to finish her sentence with the fear of fooling herself. She inadvertently laid her back on the blanket-covered sand and looked over to Lauren as if gesturing the green eyed woman to do the same. And she did.

"I missed the open sky. I missed the sound of waves crashing. It's been too long." Camila admitted, gazing up at the dark vast sky.

"You haven't gone back here since..."

"No." Camila quickly interjected, "it would feel...wrong, to be here without you. It's our sacred place." She locked her eyes with a sea of dark orbs, which had always managed to captivate her.

Lauren didn't look away, no matter how hard it was to restrain herself from leaning in and capturing those luscious soft lips in hers. It wouldn't be right...yet. "Tell me a story." She whispered instead, reaching for Camila's hand. She gripped it so tenderly, stroking the back of it with the pad of her thumb.

Camila gulped at the contact, "what kind of story?" She inquired, searching for something in Lauren's eyes; for what, she did not know.

"Any kind..." Lauren shrugged nonchalantly. She had always loved how witty and brilliant Camila's mind was. The beach was where she fell for the tanned beauty for the very first time. It was where she had found her once lost innocence; for Camila had reminded her to live her life to the fullest, to breathe in the air as if it was her last breath; to take on new adventures and challenges so she wouldn't end up with regret of not doing something, or the agony of all the what ifs.

Before meeting Camila, she had forgotten how the child inside her would gaze innocently at the infinity she had always pondered upon. But then Camila had effortlessly showed her how magnificent the world really was. The way Camila's eyes always sparkled with a child-like excitement was so mesmerizing; like a spell binding Lauren not to look away.