Chapter 7

Hi! I am back! Sorry for the late update! Life is insane!

But here is the next part! I know I left a lot of people wondering about the next part with the dream cliff hanger, sorry about that! But I just wanted it to add more of their quirks. <3 XD

I will be updating the next part sooner, as I am no longer traveling and have some more free time!

I hope you enjoy this part, and please comment down below! :)

She climbed through the trap door, and he did not hesitate.

"Princess," he grabbed her shoulders, "are you alright? Were you having a nightmare? Are you feeling alright?" He frantically inspected her to see any signs of a cold or scratch, he held his clawed hand up to her forehead.

Marinette was flustered. The events of her dream still felt quite real. She had a difficult time processing what had truly happened.

"I'm fine, kitty, don't worry about me." She replied, groggy, as she rubbed her eyes.

He sighed, still shaky.

"I can't do that, princess."

Her eyes, now much more awake, shot to his.

Chat was smiling down at her so sweetly. His glittering, green eyes were filled with tenderness and concern, and his voice smooth. 

She became light-headed and weak at the knees. 

"A knight cannot help worrying about his fair princess."

Marinette was done.

Stupid cat had rendered her speechless in a moment.

That stupid cat that she had completely fallen for.

That dumb blonde was going to be the end of her. 

"Ch-Chat," she stumbled a bit, and almost lost her balance. His grip on her tightened, as he held her firmly up at her hips, which didn't help her current state. "I - I think I need to sit down..." She had become a blushing mess, and they had only been together for no less then five minutes.

"Here!" he exclaimed as he fumbled around to find a seat.

He brought over a folding chair, and hurried to get it open. Struggling to get that stupid latch open.

She couldn't handle staying up any longer, and she supported herself using the railing, yet she slid to the ground with a small thud. 

"Marinette!" Chat dropped the chair and launched himself to her at the sound.

"I'm - I'm alright, kitten. I just n-need to sit for a second."

"Do you want some water? Ice? Anything? I can take you back inside."

She was regaining a bit of her strength, until he decided to take her hand, where she went crimson. 

"C-Ch-Chat," she stuttered, "there is some-thing y-you can d-do."

"Yes, anything."

She dared to peek at his eyes once more only to see how eager and worried he was. Chat is so kind and gentle, and sweet. He looked ready to jump and get her the entire world, if she asked or needed it.

Does he care for me this much?  Mari thought.

None of this was helping her. Her heart was beating in her ears.