“I guess,” she said, and then hugged me.  “I’ll see you soon and hopefully in real life.”

“Yeah, hopefully,” I laughed.

And before I knew it, she was gone.  I closed my eyes and went back to watch.

I didn’t move as I watched the people come toward me.   There were more than two now, maybe fourteen or fifteen.  They were getting closer and it wouldn’t take them a long time to find us.

I heard something strange, kind of like a thudding sound.  It was getting louder by the second.  Wind started to whirl around me.  I looked up and saw a helicopter hovering above the tree tops. 

The helicopter was still for a second above one spot, the spot where the three of us were lying.  And then a voice sounded from what seemed like all around me.

“We’ve got them!”

The walking turned into running, the yelling got louder, and then people were closing in on where we were.

When they were just surrounding us, Remy started crying as she looked up into the face of the first man who ran up to her. 

“It’s okay now,” he said to her.  “We’ve got you.  And all of you are going to be perfectly fine.”

“My sister,” she cried.  “We’ve got to do something…”

“Let’s get you all up into the helicopter and onto the hospital,” he said.

He helped her stand as the helicopter lowered a basket toward them. 

“Now, stay perfectly still until they lift you all the way in,” he said, helping Remy into it.

Remy nodded and they lifted her up. 

She looked down out of the window as they lifted me up.  I could also see Will on the ground, looking up with a panic look on his face.  When they got me into the helicopter, they lowered the basket down to get Will.

But as they did, one of the paramedics who was listening to my heart beat yelled, “There’s no pulse!”

“No!” Remy cried, looking down at me as she grabbed my hand. 

“Come on, come on,” the paramedic murmured as he gave me CPR. 

It was then that Will was brought up into the helicopter.  And when he saw the paramedic doing CPR on me, he didn’t freak out like I thought he would.  Maybe he was mentally, but I couldn’t hear what he was thinking.  I just saw what he did, which was go sit by my head.  He leaned close to my head and whispered in my ear. 

“I told you not to do this,” he said, and a tear escaped from his eyes. 

The paramedic was still doing CPR, but then the other yelled, “We’ve got a pulse!”

“Don’t you leave me, Reagan Sophia Thomas,” Will said.  “I forbid you to ever leave me.”

Remy laughed at him as the helicopter lifted higher into the air and she moved beside him. 

I walked straight ahead, waiting for my life to go into reruns again.  I still wanted to watch what happened with me and Will before Remy had come back.

And there we were again, not ten feet away from me.  I had gotten there right as my favorite part started to replay.

 “I love you,” Will said.

I saw myself pause, tears running down my face.  Tears were welling up in my own eyes again.

Will had gotten up and stood in front of me.  I smiled.