Chapter 9- Learning

Hope you're really getting into this book, I'd love comments, and suggestions! :)

~/~

I wake up in the plain cement room I try to move but find I'm tied again, to a chair, and Taylor still seems to be unconscious. Dammit, why didn't I use that needle I took?! I can't believe I forgot about that!

Taylor groans and her eyes slowly open, she looks around and sees me, I smile at her and fear is evident, written on her face.

"You okay?" She looks around then at the bandages on my legs and arms.

"Yeah, just a little winded, and sore." She sighs. "What are they going to do?" She looks at me with seriousness.

I look down "I don't know." I say quietly. "Sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly." I'm so disappointed, I should've known better and not followed my anger, it always gets me in trouble.

"No, that's fine, it's not your fault." She smiles and her hair swishes smoothly, I know she's trying to make me feel better, I think we both know this is on me.

The door opens and all the kidnappers come in, Pat has a bandage around his eye and it's wrapped, Jasmine has band aids on her face and is holding ice to it. Her face is swollen and purple, I notice my fist aches from punching her and Tyler is unscathed, what happened to James?

James walks in and the group is complete, they all look furious and I don't want to know what's coming. Wait, James has brought a metal cart in with him, there's a box and some tools on it, torture devices, I would call them.

"Choose your weapon." Tyler smiles, he grabs a hammer, Jasmin takes the first aid box, James snatches the drill, Pat decides on the brown leather whip. They stand, looming over me and Taylor, who whimpers with fear.

"Now what are the rules?" Tyler begins.

"Um, do not run?" I say fear tugs me down.

"Good, what's the second one?" He grins, his face darkened.

"Uh, do not, uh, disobey?" He smiles even more, and walks over to me, my heart thumps with fear and he forces the head of the hammer into my ribs, I gasp at the pain which comes from the strike, but it brings all the pain from the whip, punches and everything back. I scream and Taylor starts crying, Tyler looks at her and paces towards her.

I...I...I won't let hiiiiim!!!!! I scream to myself, and fling my body and chair at him with my feet and weight, it knocks him down.

"YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO STOP, DO YOU?!" He yells with rage and swings the hammer, I move my head and he smashes the chair, and breaks it enough for me to grab the needle and careful poke him with it. He yelps and stands up. Pat grabs Tyler's hands before he brings the hammer down on me once more.

"We don't want to lose her, think of the money and lost energy that'd be." He explains and Tyler seems to regain his self-control and composure.

"I won't hurt your friend, but only for today, because you commanded her to run and she didn't know." He looks at Taylor and relief that they won't hurt her floods through me. "Learn from this, we'll make you watch.

Than he sets the hammer down and Pat come forward with his whip and slashes it across my thighs, my vision clouds with anguish, then the cart is rolled beside my chair and the lady takes a scalpel from the box, she lifts my shirt and starts.