Chapter 24: Down With The Water

I slammed the front door and walked up to my room.

My mom is in the hospital with my dad right now. Something went wrong and now I won't have a brother. My dad is highly upset, my mom has been crying since we found out, and I-

Me

If they found out I'm pregnant, they're going to flip and this will add stress on them. I looked down at my phone

2:36 pm

I sighed. I don't think I can do this anymore. I can't live my life like this.

I slid my dark blue jeans off and replaced them with black leggings. I took off my coat and my light blue tee shirt, leaving only my bra on.

I walked over to my mirror and examined my stomach. Tears started to fall and I rubbed my stomach.

This will be the best for the both of us.

I turned around, walked past my clothes I left on the ground, walked past the bed, and out my room. I walked to the bathroom door and pushed it open. I quickly flicked the switch and the light popped on.

This will be best for both of us .

I reached over to the bathtub and turned on the hot water, then cold. I watched the water fill up and a dark feeling became very present. I turned the water off and stepped in.

This is the best choice for me and my baby.

As I squat down and my body is submerged into the warm water goosebumps appear on my arms. I take deep and slow breaths. I close my eyes and lay my back up against the wall.

No one cares about me or this baby. I'm not going to be missed anyways. My parents will suffer from this, but
I think they'll be okay after a while.

I took my last deep breath in and out slowly. Keeping my eyes closed shut, I slid my head into the water.

This will be the best for the both of us

This will be best for both of us

This will be best for both of us .

This is the best choice for me and my baby.

I let the last bit of my air escape my air and water quickly entered my nose. My face scrunched up immediately and the urge to lift up out of the water was present. I lifted my right arm out of the water and I gripped onto the side of the tub and pushed myself down.

I gasped, attempting to reach air but water filled my mouth. My nose and eyes was burning and I could feel the water fill my insides. The more I breathed in the more water burn my nostrils and a sharp pain in my chest appeared.

Two more inhales later and I loose all strength. My right arm loosens and drops into the water. The pain cause me to open my mouth to yell but only the sound transforms into hard bubble sounds.

My coughing turns into chocking and choking leads to more water entering my body. I gasp again as if there is air all around me. Water continued to enter my nose and the burning sensation caused my legs to kick up against the tub.

Stop fighting Justine

I allowed the water to suffocate me and I endured the pain.

My eyes, that were tightly closed, loosen up and my body.....stopped. I took one more breath in and water raced into my nostrils.

This will be the best for the both of us

This will be best for both of us

This will be best for both of us .

This is the best choice for me and my baby.

Finally, I let my body go unconscious