Chapter 15: I Gotta Change It Up

Elizabeth ^🙄
Excuse any mistakes 😕

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A Couple Of Weeks Later

It's Sunday and me, my mom, and my dad is sitting around the dining room table eating lasagna.

" So, Justine, are you still applying for colleges?" My mom asked

" I stopped looking after we moved but I'll start immediately. And-" I pulled out my interim and handed it to my dad

" All A's once again" They smiled as they both reviewed it.

" Thank you for staying on top of your grades and staying out of trouble Justine. I really appreciate it" My mom slowly stood up holding her pregnant stomach and walked over to me.

" Stay focused baby girl" she hugged me tightly and grabbed my empty plate.

" You two go on upstairs, I'll clean up" she begin to pick up the plates

" I got it" my dad grabbed the plates from her hand. " You need more rest than me" he kissed her cheek and started cleaning up.

It's good to see my parents not arguing, it's starting to feel like it used to.

I walked upstairs and took a shower. I slipped into my black leggings and white tank top. I braided some straight backs in my hair and dozed off.
••••
I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Damien.

" Hello" I sat up rubbing my eyes

" Hey, can you come over right now?" He responded in a low raspy voice

I look over at my clock on the wall and it 1:34.

" Damien, it is 1 in the morning" I said

" Yeah, I know, but I wanna see you. Get some clothes for tomorrow and come thru"

I hesitated. How am I going to sneak out the house?

" Do you wanna see me badly?" I asked hoping he said no

" Justine stop playing around and get yo ass over here"

I bit my lip thinking about it.

" Can you....come over my house?" I asked

" Yeah, I can be over there in 5"

" Okay, uh let me know when your around the corner so I can let you in"

" Okay, see ya" he hung up

What am I supposed to do now??

I jumped up and paced back and forth. Maybe I can get him in the back door. Once we're in I can sneak him up the stairs, but those damn stairs are noisy as hell!

I jogged over to my door and opened it. I looked down the hallway and peeped at my parents door. It was closed.

Usually they leave the door opened when they are still up, so this is a good thing.

- Almost there

He got here fast

-Go to the back

I opened my door, thank god my door isn't squeaky, and tipped toed down the stairs. I walked to the back door and waited for his text or call.