The Injustice League

Yeah, I know, the Injustice League is such a creative name. I wonder where they got the idea from.

Alright, enough of my sarcasm. Anyway, the whole day went down a little something like this.

"You know, Logan, sometimes you're
okay." Conner (I was so shocked) said to me. I had just told him and M'gann this really amazing joke and he managed to crack a smile.

"Holy crap, the amazing and all mighty Conner Kent complemented me!" I exclaimed, and mockingly bowed my head.

"You know what, I take that back." He said rolling his eyes as we walked into the cave and were greeted by Aqualad and Robin. I grinned and gave Wolf a pat on the head. Wolf leaned his soft head into my hand as if to say 'I approve!'. I was thinking about maybe asking Conner to take Wolf down to the beach to teach him how to play fetch or something, but when Batman walked in, I knew that we would be busy today.

Batman didn't even say anything to us at all. He just commanded the computer to pull up the news screen. On the screen, it showed Metropolis being attacked by giant plants (Again, might I add. This happened the other day, too, and Jake would not shut up about it.). After a couple of seconds, Superman and a couple of other leaguers were shown trying to save the citizens that happened to be in the monster plants paths. Now, I was getting the idea that maybe we were going to go and help stop the plants. Before I could ask, Robin beat me to it.

"Are we going out there?" He asked, trying to make the excitement in his voice unnoticeable(It didn't work too well.).

"No." Batman said coolly and pretty much everyone's heads dropped slightly. "The League will soon have the situation under control. That's not why I'm here. According to your in-tell, Sportsmaster supplied Cadmus blockbuster formula to Cobra."

"Who combined it with Bane's venom to make Cobra venom." Wally said.

"Which the Brain used to make his animal army." Robin finished.

"And upgrade Wolf." Conner said, stroking the beast (I was kidding about Robin finishing off the whole 'Add on to the sentence' thing.)

"The brain also used inhibitor collars, like the ones at Belle Reve Penitentiary." M'gann said, and she was the actual one to finish the adding game(Which was fine with me because it was getting annoying and I didn't have anything to add).

"Batman, is it possible those plants are on Cobra venom, too?" Artemis asked.

"I had Green Lantern run a spot analysis." Batman said, pulling up a hologram of cells. "The vines cellulose does contain trace amounts of a Cobra venom variant."

"These cannot be coincidences. Unrelated criminals are cooperating with another worldwide." Aqualad said(Guess we're back to the stupid game).

"Exactly. It's now clear out enemies have formed some kind of secret society of supervillians. The attack on Metropolis is only the beginning.

"You got that right." Robin said, who was typing away on a computer and pulled up more hologram images. "Plant creatures have sprouted in Gotham City, Paris, Star City, Taipei-" He was cut off when the screen went black, which was very upsetting because I was about to add to his sentence. What a bummer.

"Dude." Wally said like it was Robin's fault.

"It's not me. Someone is cutting the satellite signal." Robin said as he was typing furiously. "All satellite signals." No sooner did he finish, a very infamous villain with green hair replaced the black screen. The Joker. He tapped the screen before he started talking.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We interrupt your regularly scheduled mayhem to bring you this important announcement. "He turned the camera over so the screen was slightly dark for a moment, and then a group of some of the worst villains around showed up. To name a few; Count Vertigo, Poison Ivy, and Wotan. "From the Injustice League." The Joker gave one of his famous cackles before Count Vertigo started to speak.

"We are responsible for the attacks on your cities. If you wish to save them, a ransom of $10 billion American dollars is required. Delivery instructions have been sent to the United Nations. There is no time limit, but the longer your governments wait..." The Joker panned the camera back on himself(Even the villains are completing each others sentences).

"The more we get to have our jollies." He cackled again and the screen went dark. Robin started typing furiously again so he could bring up the image of the villains while Batman talked to Aquaman on his com link. Robin put an outline on each villains head and he named the all.

"We have Count Vertigo, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Ultra Humanite, Atomic Skull, Black Atom, Wotan. That's seven heavy hitters."

"And they're probably behind nearly everything and everyone we faced." I said(Alright, I succumbed, I was feeling left out).

"Well, there's your secret society." Wally said glumly.

"It's not so secret anymore." Artemis added.

"Perhaps after India, they realized we deduced the truth and saw no point in hiding any longer." Aqualad analyzed.

"Oh yeah, well that was their mistake. Right now, I say we go kick some plant creature butt." Wally said, hitting his fists together, which is that thing guys always do when they're threatening to fight someone.

"The Justice League will handle the plants." Batman said to Wally's disappointment. "I have a different job for this team."

"Aww man." Wally said, clearly not realizing what Batman meant. Artemis was obviously disappointed with him too because she punched him in the arm.

"With the plants attacking so many locations simultaneously, there must be a central control system. Your mission is to destroy it." Batman asked. I was already getting giddy.

"You realize what you are asking them to do?" Zatara(Our 'babysitter' for this week) asked.

"They're ready." Batman said.

"Ready? Ready for what?" Wally asked, and he received another punch from Artemis. "Ow! Will you cut that out?"

"Hello Wally! If the big guns are fighting plants, who do you think we'll be fighting?" Artemis said, clearly irritated.

"I don't know! I guess we'll-" Artemis pointed up at the picture of the 'Injustice League' and Wally turned his head. "Ohhhhhh."

"Well, Batman, I trust you're correct." Zatara said.

"I trust that you can locate the enemy." Batman replied.

"Indeed. Wotan's involvement suggests that sorcery is part of how the plants are controlled. Robin, if you would provide the holo-map..." Robin started typing again and pulled up a holographic image of the globe. "I'll search for signs of concentrated sorcerous activity." Zatara started murmuring a spell, but really it was just 'Locate Epicenter of Sorcery' backwards. A red dot appeared in southern America. "There, that is where you will find the Injustice League's central control system."

"Coordinates locked in. The Louisiana Bayou." Robin said, looking at the keyboard.

"We are on our way." Aqualad said. I was getting really excited. Not only were we going on a mission for the first time in a while, we were also going to face some of the most notorious super villains in history. But first things first, it was time to suit up.