twenty seven

the next morning yoongi woke up to jimin lying on his chest, they had both fallen asleep on the couch. yoongi groaned as he felt a stiff pain in his neck and back; the couch wasn't one of the comfiest places to sleep.

"jimin?" yoongi asked, his voice deep and raspy.

jimin's eyes fluttered open as he looked up at yoongi through his short eyelashes, he used his tiny fist to rub his eyes before sitting up right so yoongi could move. the older looked over at jimin as he yawned finding it adorable.

"what?!" jimin asked shyly.

"nothing~" yoongi replied, his deep voice making jimin flush slightly.

"i'm gonna head home...my mum will probably be mad" jimin whispered the thought of being hit and taunted scaring him. "what if she finds out about...us" jimin felt a whole weight drop onto his shoulders, he felt like everything would come crashing down if he told his mother he was now in a relationship with yoongi.

"don't worry she wont, do you want me to walk you home?" yoongi offered, scared the woman may hurt jimin. he cupped jimin's cheeks, looking him in the eye.

jimin nodded, yoongi squashed jimin's cheeks together whilst squealing and mumbling a quiet 'so cute'. the two walked over to jimin's place hand in hand; yoongi smiling with joy as he swung their hands back and forth. jimin just followed along but was worried about someone seeing them.

once they reached jimin's street yoongi kissed the younger's chubby cheeks, smirking playfully as he pulled away.

"i'll see you later~" yoongi chuckled, loving the fact jimin was now his boyfriend. yes that's right. his boyfriend. all he wanted to do was protect jimin and spoil him rotten, making sure he was always happy and smiling.

jimin shyly waved before entering his house, he slipped off his shoes watching as yoongi began making his way home, he smiled to himself. the fact they were now boyfriends was still sinking in, even though he still was unsure if it was 'okay to like another boy'.

"oh jimin...you're back" mrs park beamed, a happy smile on her pale face. "i have great news~"

"what is it?" jimin asked shyly, too scared to look his own mother in the eye.

"well...your grandparents are coming over for a while, they'll be staying in the guest room. please make them feel welcome and help me with dinner?" she asked. jimin was confused his mother actually seemed happy. jimin nodded and looked at his mum dumbfounded.

the last time he had seen his grandparents was around when he was only ten years old. and a lot had changed since then. they were more religious than his own mother which made him worry with guilt.

what if they found out about him and yoongi? what if his mum told them everything? he began feeling sick, wanting to crawl under a rock and die.

"jimin?!" mrs park called from the kitchen. jimin was brought back to his senses as he waddled into the kitchen.

mrs park stood in the bright kitchen with her cute oven gloves on her small hands. the kitchen smelt of cookie dough and the oven was filled with a large chicken. along with all the pots and pans which were in the sink, water and washing up liquid with them.

"i was wondering if you could decorate the cookies?... you know like you did when you were tiny" mrs park giggled, the cute memory of smol jimin standing on a stool helping her cook.

jimin smiled. it was just like old times before the whole mess of jimin's sexuality was a thing, ruining their relationship. the boy picked up the different coloured icing bags, he began piping rainbows on some of the cookies and cute red hearts on the rest.