Chapter 16. New day

Sang's POV:

I dreamed that I was in a tiny boat amid the wide sea and there was a storm going on, making the waves rise impossibly high in the sky, throwing my little boat this way and that without mercy. When I thought things couldn't get any worse, gigantic tentacles rose from the murky waters all around my boat and pulled me down into the dark and frozen sea, straight to the mouth of the monster that was hiding, right under me.

I woke up gasping for breath, my lungs burning and my throat feeling raw.

Pounding feet in the corridor and my door being flung open and hitting the wall with a bang warned me I was not alone anymore.

The mixed scents of spring soap, spice, citrus and berries assailed my nose a second before a warm hand rested against my forehead and bright green eyes met mine with concern.

"Pookie, what's wrong? What hurts?" Sean-san asked me with concern and I closed my eyes, still a little out of breath.

"Nothing." I panted, trying to control my breathing "It was just a bad dream." I added, opening my eyes to look at the worried doctor that hadn't left my side.

The sound of steps made me look beyond Sean at the other three boys in my room and I blushed in shame. "I apologize for disturbing you all. Please, go back to your rest."

Kota and Victor looked at me worriedly; Blackbourne-san had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Don't apologize, sweetie." Kota said attracting Blackbourne-san attention to himself. "Is there anything we can do for you?" he asked as he approached the bed, standing at Sean's side.

The doctor had been checking my pulse and watching my breathing, which had now normalized.

I shook my head at them, still embarrassed at having woken them up.

"Morgan-kun," Blackbourne-san suddenly called causing Victor to remove his eyes from my person to look at him. "Why don't you take Sorenson-sama to the music room for a bit and play something for her?"

His fire eyes, which had looked dark and subdued, lit up to its usual warmth and he smiled at me.

Kota didn't wait for me to nod in agreement or get out of the bed myself before removing the blankets and bending himself over my figure, scooping me up into his arms, bridal-style.

I squealed lightly and threw my arms around his neck as Sean took a step back and chuckled.

He and Blackbourne-san went back to their room and Victor went ahead to the music room to open the door for me and Kota.

Once inside, Kota sat down at the windowsill and sat me on his lap, sideways, with my head resting on his shoulder.

Victor came back with a blanket which he laid over us before moving to the piano and sitting behind it.

I glanced up at Kota from under my lashed and saw him smiling at me. I blushed at being caught and lowered my gaze to my hands which I had been twisting in my lap.

The soft melody from the piano made my head snap up and turn to Victor, the song he was playing attracting my whole attention.

The song was soft, calm and sweet; a lullaby that I had never heard before and it was beautiful.

Kota began running his hand in circles at my back, the warmth from his body and the blanket keeping me comfortable and I began to fall asleep once again.

I tried to stay awake, if only to hear Victor's playing, but my eyes felt heavy and soon I was out.

......