Smokey Ashes

"I'm cold," Complied 065 a young clone who sat on a cold stone floor. "I know. I am too, but it could be worse." Said his brother 073. 

"How?" He asked. 

"It could be pouring rain," 073 replied with a smile. 

"But..we are inside." He said timidly. 

"I know. It could be raining indoors!" 073 said smiling. 065 laughed a little as he and his brother cuddled up closer together. 065 closed his eyes as he pressed closer to his brother, 073 wrapped two arms around him and pulled him closer. "073?" He asked in a low voice.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Will we ever leave here?" 065 asked in a low voice.

"Of course we will!" 073 cuddling closer to his brother. 065 leaned on 073's shoulder. He then closed his eyes hoping to sleep since they haven't slept in about 3 days. Finally he was able to fall asleep in his brother's arms. 073 also closed his eyes and he was able to fall asleep also. They slept soundly until they heard a load crash. They both work up and 063 moved behind 073. He shook with fear and from the freezing cold of their cell of stone walls.

The door then opened and a Jedi stepped in and he looked down at the two young clones huddling together in the floor. One had red hair and sharp green eyes. The other had dark brown hair with blue eyes. They both were rather thin and very dirty. Even though they wore cloths that covered there whole body it was easy to tell that they had bruises a lot of them. The one with black hair also had a bad scar running across his nose and it looked rather fresh, maybe a week old at best. He walked over and bent down. "Hello." He said using a gentle voice. They both remained quiet one of them looked petrified maybe even worse then that. The other didn't really look scared rather curious.

"...hello," said the clone with green eyes and red hair. The Jedi offered them a smile and said, "Come on we can get you out of here." Both clones looked at each other then back at the Jedi. They then nodded.

The Jedi stood up and said, "Alright. Come on you two." 065 and 073 stood up. They began to follow the Jedi out. They were being very cautious they knew the people that owned them where cruel and if they found them sneaking around with this Jedi. It would mean a fate worse then death and they where already being punished for something. The Jedi walked behind them making sure no one was following. Suddenly a group of clone troopers came forward.

"Sir. The base has been abandoned and....uh.." he began but stopped when he saw the two young clones in front of him. Under his mask he frowned from seeing how pale, dirty and skinny they were.

"Captain Blair. These two are...I'm sorry. But I didn't get your names." Said the Jedi.

"Oh. I am 073 and this is 065," said the red haired one.

"You don't have names?" Asked the Jedi. 073 shook his head and said, "No Sir. They always told us that we are too worthless and insignificant to deserve names."

Captain Blair clenched his a fist and the other Clones who were with him just glanced away. The Jedi looked at them and sighed. "Well you do deserve names, and we are getting you out of here." He said bending down to look at them. They both looked up at him and nodded.

About twenty minutes later they had both the young clones by he names of 065 and 073 in their ship's mad bay. A medic droid came over to check them but they instantly darted away from it. They both stayed closed together and refused to leave each other. The med droid tried to reason with them but they were more stubborn then really anyone this droid ever met. The droid sighed and left. The two Clones sighed and looked each other they then moved back to the bed. They sat on it and curled up next to each other.

A few moments later the Jedi came in with two clones.  "This Captain Blair and this is Nail." He said. They nodded remembering Captain Blair. "Nail, is a medic. He can help you two but you two need to let him."

"Okay...." said 073 uneasily. Nail took off his helmet and smiled at them. "Can you two please take off your shirts?" They nodded and pulled off their shirts. They both where badly bruised all over their chest, stomach, arms and back. Captain Blair held back a shout or scream. The Jedi looked in pity and Nail looked at them with concern.

"Can you two please tell me what happened?" He asked in a gental voice.

"It's the people who owned us, Sir." 073 said in a quiet voice.

"Owened you?" Asked Blair. They nodded. 073 opened his mouth to continue to speak but shut his mouth when he felt it clamping shut. He hated talking about their past. All the torture, experiments, tests, punishments, and a lot of other things that where painful and hard.

"We'll worry about all that later," said The Jedi. "For now. Nail can you bandage them up?"

"Of course sir," Nail said.

"Excuse me?" 073 asked as the Jedi and his captain turned to leave.

"Yes?" The Jedi asked.

"What's your name? If you don't mind telling us." 073 then asked.

"It's Jedi Master Archay Killdarn. But if you two want you can just call me Archay." He said.

"Thank you....Ar-chay." said 073 he sort have to pronounce the name. Even though he is fluent in about 50 different languages. But saying a name was just wrong to his lips, since both him and his brother always called different people either Sir, Ma'am or Master.

Archay smiled and nodded at them. He then left with the captain. "I am going to have to ask you to finish undressing." Nail said. 073 nodded and so did 065 but more slowly.

Nail held back his gasp, their legs where also badly bruised and scared. Nail looked at them, "Okay. Who wants to go first?" 065 and 073 looked at each other.

"I'll go first," 073 said walking forward. Nail looked at him closely, he had a tattoo on the back of his neck. There was a number that said, "073." Then right bellow it there was something that looked like a bar code. Nail ran his hand across it and he flinched.

"Sorry," he said. Nail then patched him up and bandaged him up. He then put some medicine on infected wounds. He then moved to 065 he was a bit more squirmy but his brother kept him calm and still. After they where both checked Nail lead them to a room where they can shower which they did. After Nail had made sure he got some hot food for them. They huddled together in fresh clothes on a couch eating. After they cuddled together and closed their eyes to sleep.

"You two are going to need names," said a voice. They opened their eyes to see Archay.

"Names?" Asked 073 sitting up but putting his arm around 065. Archay nodded.

"Yes, you two are not worthless." He said looking at them with a smile. "So. What do you want to be called?" He then asked.

"Can I be called Ashes?" 073 asked with a smile. The Jedi nodded.

"Smokey," 065 then said in small voice.

"I like them," said Archay said looking at them with a smile.