Part 9

Two Weeks Later

Hannahs Pov

I walk upstairs after jamming with Luke, Calum and Michael and go in to my room and find ashton digging around in my lockbox which I clearly forgot to lock. I walk up behind him and shout "nosy much" to my satisfaction he jumps six feet in the air and goes bright red

" sorry" Ashton says embarrassed, I shrug as he pulls out a gold medal and holds it up to me "where did you get these" he asks

" I stole them" I say casually, he looks horrified and I say "come on, you dont really belive that. I won them"

"How did you win them?" Ashton questions

"I was a swimmer, a quite good one at that, I won hundreds of competitions, I was scottish champion at one point" I answer

" how come you stopped" Ashton says

"Well the scars got worse and there is not room in orphanage budgets for swimmers" I say sadly

Ashtons POV

I have never felt worse for Hannah, it's one thing to like something but when you could make a career out of it and it's taken away from you because an orphanage can't pay for it, it must be torture. "you know we have a pool outside" I tell Hannah

And thats when I see it, a look I have never seen on Hannah it's like a glint of the girl that used to be in there and she's beautiful. But slowly her smile fades and the girl that was there before disappears.

"I can't" she says with a few tears rolling down her cheeks, I go to hug her but I remember that she wont let me so I say "baby girl are you crying"

"no crying is gross so I dont do it" she replys fiercely

"ya' know" I say looking at my watch " If we do it now it will be dark when we get out it wil be dark"

She considers this and lets the little girl inside of her take over and she agrees

1 hour later

We are all outside at the poolside waiting for Hannah. A few minutes later she comes out in a sporty looking track suit and announces "Promise me, no questions until we are done swimming"

"OK" we all say in sync. She takes off the tracksuit to reveal a grey kneelength swimsuit with one leg pink, I finally get a look at all her scars, each one looks like it was agony but nevertheless I try to ignore them. Luke however had a different reaction, he gasps earning himself a slap from Calum and Hannah gives an empty laugh.

Without warning Hannah jumps into the water and gets straight back out and runs up to me and throws me in the water. I scream and without even speaking we throw Calum, Michael and Luke in we play and splash for a while until Hannah starts swimming up and down. Her swimming is fantastic and you can tell she really loves it.

After 2 and a half hours of swimming I announce "right time to get out and get dinner" Hannah complains but gets out and starts to dry off. We order pizza and get into our pyjamas. The pizza comes and to my surprize hannah eats two bits and my suspicians are confirmed, the little girl that Hannah is supposed to be is out and I love her more than anything.

Hannah and I go upstairs to what has now become our bedroom (I spend every night in Hannahs room now making sure she is alright) and right before I walk in Hannah runs up and hugs me, I dont let go I keep a tight hold of her as we walk over to her bed and lie down. After about 20 minutes Hannah actually falls asleep on me an lie there thinking about how amazing she is until I slowly fall asleep.