New Beginnings

Castiel stared at the flames of the burning building, having dragged the last civilian out already. "Hey Angel!" Cas internally groaned. He turned his head to see a man in a tight green suit and a hood walking towards him. "Oh god, what do you want."

The man stopped and put his hands on his chest in mock hurt. "You wound me. Really, that hurt." Cas rolled his eyes again. Every night. Every single freaking night he has to go through this. The Hunter was a good fighter, but god could he be annoying.

"Don't you have anything better to do than annoy me?" He asked. The man laughed, "Oh but Angel, you are my favorite to annoy." It seemed that rolling his eyes was becoming a regular action around Hunter.

"Okay. Bye now." He took off with his giant black wings. Spiraling into the air. He headed in direction of his apartment. Well, his and his roommates. Landing on the roof he walked into a small area where he kept his civilian clothes he quickly changed and headed down to his floor.

He assumed Dean was asleep, and went to his room. Aiming to do the same.

Dean's POV

Dean watched the superhero whom the press had dubbed 'Dark Angel' fly off into the night. Sam's voice came through his earpiece. "Aren't you going after him?" Dean snorted "Gee Sam, I'm clingy but not THAT clingy." He could practically hear Sam's eyeroll.

"Whatever Dean, just get back to base."

"You mean your apartment."

"Ugh, we're referring to it as 'the base' so get your spandex covered ass over here, jerk."

"Stop being so whiny, bitch."

Upon arriving at Sam's apartment, Dean took off his uniform and put on his normal clothes. He walked into the living room, just as Sam was getting out of his chair.

Dean walked over and flopped onto the couch. "Being a superhero is exhausting." He complained. The statement muffled by the cushions. "Stop being such a whiny baby and scoot over." Dean moved an inch. "You're unbelievable." Sam said as he took a chair instead of telling his brother to move again.

"I don't get it Sammy. Why won't he talk to me?"

"Oh, so I'm your therapist now too?"

"Shut up,  I'm serious."

"Have you ever tried not annoying the shit out of him?"

"Stop being an ass."

"It's true though! He's even said you're annoying!"

"I don't try to be."

"Maybe it's just an aspect of your personality."

Dean threw a pillow at him. "Why are you always so mean to me?" He turned his face back into the cushion. "Just making up for years of my lost childhood," Sam stared at his older brother for a moment. "You should be getting home, you have work tomorrow." Dean sat up. "Yeah, you're probably right." He walked towards the door.

"Goodnight Sammy."

"Goodnight Dean."

Dean got to his apartment located about 10 minutes from Sam's place. His keys jingling as he opened the door. He was met with silence. Cas must already be asleep. Dean looked at the clock. It read 1 A.M.

"Shit."

He walked through his somewhat decent apartment. Hey, it was good for the price. Dean made it to his room and flopped onto the bed, falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

6 hours later, an alarm blared through his room. He slapped his hand repeatedly on his bedside table until his fingers found his alarm clock. Turning off the offending object.

He slowly pulled himself up into a sitting position. His hair a complete mess due to tossing and turning all night.

"I hope to god Cas made coffee." He mumbled quietly to himself. It took him 10 minutes to be awake enough to stumble into the kitchen where Cas was waiting with a pot of coffee.

Dean made grabby hands at the caffeine and Cas chuckled as he poured it into a mug. Handing the mug to Dean, he went back to sipping his own drink.

"Mmm, 's good." Dean mumbled. Cas laughed again. "Someone had a late night."

"You have no idea."

Dean made it to the living room without stumbling, the caffeine finally getting into his system. He turned the TV to the news just before Cas sat next to him.

'Heroes Dark Angel and The Hunter save Samaritans from burning building.' The caption read. In the background some reporter was talking about the 'great feat our heroes have done for the city'.

"So what about these superheroes huh?" Dean looked at his roommate smiling. "What about them?" Cas deadpanned looking at the screen still. "What about them? Don't you think they're cool?" Dean smiled. "I suppose they are good doers."

"Dude, that's like, the definition of superhero."

Cas stared at him blankly.

"Okay, so what about Hunter and Dark Angel, hmm? They seem like pretty good partners."

Now Cas just looked pissed off.

"I do not think they are partners, Dean."

"What makes you think that?"

Cas' eyes widened. "Um, they just look like they don't work together. Hunter isn't always with him and they don't move like partners."

"Well I think they should be partners."

Cas just shifted and said "I have to get to work soon." And headed to his bedroom. Dean looked at the clock, he should get going soon too.

-•—
Okay so new fic. I'm quite fond of superheroes. There is swearing in the coming chapters. There will be some violence. Just warning you now. Good day and may the force be with you.

From the future: Hello! And welcome. I'm in the process of editing this right now. It used to be really short so I'm just adding chapters together and stuff, anywho, you can go on reading.