Kairi & Erik Chapter 8 Part B

Here it is Vote and comment! I would love ideas as to how to end it!!

I woke later having spent myself sobbing I had apparently crashed. I couldn't see Erik anywhere as I looked frantically around the dark cave and for a moment I started panicking. Had I imagined everything? I felt my heart would break if that was true. Then I felt his strong arms surrounding me and I knew I was home. I smiled to myself enjoying the feel of being enveloped by him. I wondered if I could move without waking him. I just wanted to see his face. I slowly rolled over so I was facing him. His eyes were still closed and his breathing was even. My eyes greedily roved over his face taking in every line. He looked some much younger and peaceful like this. I hadn't realized but I had always thought of him as a lot older than me but right now he looked like he could actually be my age. I wondered what his real age was and if he even aged the same as me. I felt a strange pull and I tentatively reached over and cupped his face with my hand wanting to know what it felt like. He smiled his eyes still closed.

"Are you done your inspection" he asked with a laugh in his voice. He had been awake the whole time! I shoved him a little pretending disgust at his farce and his eyes popped open searching out my face to see if I was seriously upset. I gave him a smile so he'd know he was forgiven. He smiled back widely and strangely he still seemed to have the light hearted expression on his face. I hadn't realized it before but he had always had a slight tightness on his face that showed that he had burdens to bare and worries but know it seemed that they were gone. The worry lines on his face had smoothed out. I gave him a questioning look.

"What" he asked still with a big smile on his face.

"I was just wondering why you look so..." I struggled for the word biting the inside of my lip again "carefree and happy."

"I guess love changes you" he said wiggling his eyebrows at me and I gave him a get real look.

"Seriously" he said "I decided to stop worrying about everything. I've been given an unfathomable gift in loving you and I don't want to spoil it by being constantly worried so I figure to hell with it and let the chips fall where they may" he said throwing his hands up in the air. I laughed at his easy use of a 'human' expression.

"That is how you say it isn't it" he said looking a little miffed.

"No no" I responded "you did good. It just sounded so funny coming out of your mouth."

"Well maybe I could try something different to do with my mouth" he said his eyes burning into mine. He leaned in towards me and I felt my breathing accelerate. His face was coming closer and closer to mine and his lips were so close I could feel the heat radiating off of them. He then moved quickly and kissed me lightly on the forehead and then rolled away laughing as I got a disappointed look on my face. He could be so infuriating some times. He reached and pulled me to my feet saying "If we got started I don't know if I could ever stop and if I don't get you home soon your family will really be worried about you."

"My family" I said with a gasp "oh no they must be worried sick about me. What time is it?"

"Relax" Erik said looking very calm but then he wasn't the one who would have to go home and face my Dad and Anne. "I called your home right after you fell asleep. I told them that you had been caught out in the storm and that you'd wait it out at Nate's where you took your bike out today." His face wrinkled in disgust at Nate's name and I made a mental note to myself to ask him sometime what he had against my best friend.

"I also told them that your cell phone died so you had me one of 'Nate's friends' call home for you. See everything is under control." He added with a slightly smug smile.

"So" he said looking down "are you ready for the trip back. I mean if you're not comfortable going through the water with me I could probably go out and then hoist you up through a gap in the cave ceiling but I'm not sure how long that would take and the storm has let up now so your family will be expecting you soon."