(19)

Lowkey not feeling this chapter because it's kind of boring imo, but it's been a while since I updated...so here ya go.

Missy

"Girl, I can't believe that we have one more semester of high school left. I'm too hype." Ashley and I were talking each other's ear off about our winter break that seemed forever.

"Yeah, me too. I'm actually looking forward to going to school tomorrow. I haven't seen you in like forever, Ash," I said while scrolling my instagram feed.

"Lies..."

"Truth," I mumbled when getting to the picture that Don had just posted a few minutes ago.

wishuwoods: I miss the view.😏😍

@missyshante 💘

I smiled at the picture after commenting and liking it. Lately, he had been less and less discreet with our relationship status to others.

"Mhm, you know the only person you looking forward to seeing tomorrow is Don. I saw that pic he just posted. Sappy asses," Ashley joked.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Whatever! I haven't seen him since early December."

"Lowkey, it's still shocking to me that you even allowing him to show you off. I've never known you to be open about your relationships..."

She made a valid point, but in this situation I felt secure enough to go there with Don. Our connection is...I don't know. I just know that he gives me this feeling that I'm not used too.

"I like him a lot, that's all there is to it," I told her.

"Aww, that's cute. You admitting your feelings for once. My Missy is growing up."

"Bitch, I'm older than you!"

Just as I said that into the phone, there a knock at my door. "Hold on, girl," I told Ashley before replying. "It's open!" I called out.

I looked up to see Val with my father not too far behind her. I mentally rolled my eyes at the two. "Yes?"

"We need to talk with you," my father spoke. That was rare thing since I had been back home, us talking to each other. We only talked if it was necessary, never just casual conversation nowadays. That's mainly why I spent Christmas at Ashley's house.

"I'm on the phone. Can it wait?" I asked, not interested in wherever this conversation was going.

"No, we have things to discuss." Val was the one who actually was putting her foot down. In most cases, I would laugh and continue talking, but I'm not in mood to argue today.

"Ash, I'll call you back later boo," I said before ending the phone call and givng the two my full attention. "Yes?"

"I don't know what's going on with you and your father, but it's gone on long enough. You two need to get on the same page because I refuse to bring my child into a hostile environment."