(25)

Missy

"Morning, baby girl. How you feeling?" My father asked me as he placed a bowl of oatmeal down on the counter for me. I wasn't too hungry, but I figured that I'd eat anyway.

"Morning, Daddy. Still have a migraine, but I'll be okay."

His face lit up when hearing me refer to him as something other than Malcolm or father. Even still, we have our issues and we'll have to address everything but I don't want to be angry with him.

"Yes, you will indeed. You're strong like your mama." My father's words took me by surprise. Usually, he'd make sure not to ever mention my mom.

"Where's Val?" I inquired because she's the one that operates everything in the kitchen.

"Out shopping for the baby with her sister." I simply nodded as I put a spoonful of oatmeal in my mouth before taking my phone off of airplane mode.

The notifications on my phone blew up completely. I sighed deeply and shook my head when looking down the number of unanswered texts that I had.

All 15 of them were from Donovan. I deleted each one of them without reading it. I didn't want any association with him at this point. My eyes glared down at his contact information right before I pressed my screen to delete the number.

"Did you hear me, Missy?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at my dad. "Huh?"

"I was saying that Donovan came by here last night to see you. I knew you didn't want to see him, but I just thought I'd tell you." I simply nodded in reply as I got up from in front of the counter.

"Gotta go. Don't wanna be late today," I told him when grabbing my bag to leave.

The whole ride to school all I could think about the embarrassment from yesterday. I feel worse about this than Kenneth releasing my pictures and I know it's because I trusted Donovan wholeheartedly. He had open in a way that I had never been before, but that's dead now. There's only so much bullshit that I can take.

I pulled in to my parking spot and sighed. Hopefully, some shit went down on social media last night so I don't still have to be the topic of discussion.

Walking into the building, I put my head up high and placed my headphones in my ear. I figured that if I didn't hear the rumblings that they weren't there to begin with. As soon as I got to my locker, I was approached.

"Hey, Missy..."

I turned around to see Bennett standing in front of me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Can I help you?" I sassed.

"Look, I just wanna apologize for my part in all of this. There wouldn't have been a bet if I didn't test Don. Despite what our differences were at the time, you didn't deserve this."

"Yeah, whatever...is that it?" I questioned, getting annoyed by his presence.

"He loves you so much, Missy. He called off the bet because he fell so damn hard for you. I've never seen Don adore a girl the way he ador--"

"Stop!" I raised my voice. "I really don't wanna hear this shit right now. Tell it to somebody who gives a fuck."

I closed my locker and walked off before I spazzed out like I wanted to. When I made it to class, I sat in the back not trying to be amongst everybody else.

"You're in my seat..." My eyes peered up to see a random girl.

"Oh, your name on it?" I rebutted with a groan. The girl opened her mouth, but quickly closed it. "Right, I thought so." I sat back and put my hoodie over my head, waiting for class to start.

I was interrupted from my quick nap by a tapping on the desk. I looked up to see Donovan staring me down. I rolled my eyes so damn hard before looking away. He squatted down on the side of me.

"Can we talk...outside the classroom? Please?"

I felt eyes looking at us, so I got up and the led the way to the lockers in the hallway. "You got two minutes. Class is about to start..."

"Baby, I jus--"

"Don't! Don't you dare call me that..." I scolded him still trying to hold my shit together without crying in front of him.

"Missy, I'm sorry. I can't explain to you how sorry I am. I need to you to know that I love you so much and I'll do whatever I need to do to prove it to you."

As he was talking, all I was hearing was gibberish. Donovan's words were void to me at this point. "I can barely look at you right now, let alone give you asecond chance. You fucking played me. You played me so damn good too. All that shit was a damn game to you. Well, congrats...you fooled the hell out of me."

His face softened. "What? You really think that shit was all a game. I mean, yeah...it started as a bet but I fell for you. Missy, I love you baby. That is the truth! That will always be true."

I shrugged and sniffled before tears rolled down my face. "You knew that I wasn't sure about this. You knew that I was scared to try another relationship. Yet, you promised me that you wouldn't hurt me. You promised!"

"Miss--"

"Shut up! You did your talking yesterday. It's my turn..." Donovan nodded and tried to wipe a tear from my face, but I slapped his hand away.

"You got me so open and had me thinking that I could trust you with my heart. I believed it, I believed in us. Yet, you had me looking like a fucking fool this whole time in front of your lame ass friends and, now, the whole damn school. I was thinking that nobody could do me as dirty as Kenny, but you got him beat. Bye Donovan."

I turned to walk back to class. "Are you fucking kidding me? I never exposed you, I never purposely tried to hurt you."

I stopped when hearing his words and faced him. "Really? Don, I fucked you! I willingly gave you my virginity thinking that this shit was real...I can't get that back. I rather have those pictures released again than having to mentally wrap my mind around this situation."

With those words, I walked off and put my hoodie back on as I went back in the classroom leaving him to stand there. I needed this last month of school to speed by because I can't deal with seeing Donovan everyday.

Vote, comment, and whatever else ;)

Well, this was a very emotional chapter for sure. Do y'all think that Don could ever get Missy back after this?

Is Missy overreacting or are her feelings warranted?

I haven't did Don's POV in a minute. What do y'all think is going on in his mind? He gone give up on her or nah?