CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Glowing Beginnings

Chapter Twenty-Two: Glowing Beginnings

As I laid with Xavier in my bed, my phone began to ring. Looking up at him, I decided to ignore it. Once it stopped, it started right back. He chuckled. "Just answer it."

Groaning, I leaned over to the dresser and grabbed my phone. I seen Cassie's face pop up on the screen. I slid the green button over and put it on speaker phone. "Hey, Cass."

"Xandria, I need your help and since you're my maid of honor you really don't have a choice but to help me."

I rolled my eyes, playfully. "Yeah, no." I started off, sarcastically. "Hey, Xandria, how are you? Oh, I'm fine. How wad your day? It was great and yours. It's okay but I need your help. It has something to do with the wedding. I think that's how you start off a conversation Cass." Xavier laughed before grabbing his phone.

"Shut up. I'm serious." She huffed. I silently giggled. "I need you to come with me to get measured and for them to know how to design the dresses."

It was my turn to huff. "Fine. Come get me."

"Where's your car?"

"My parents still has it." I answered. "Oh, when are you sending out the invitations?"

I could hear her gasp. "Aw, shoot. I forgot about the invitations. Hey, Xandria?"

Rolling my eyes again, I looked straight ahead at the picture frames on the wall. "Let me guess, you want me to do them and send them out right?"

"Pretty please?"

"Fine. Just hurry up and get me before I change my mind."

"Okay." She said, excitedly before I ended the call.

Sitting my phone on the bed, I hopped up and went into the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and rag out of the bathroom closet before starting up the water, taking my clothes off and getting in. The door opened and in comes Xavier, taking off his clothes. "Um... Just what do you think you're doing?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "About to take a shower." He said, casually but added a wink. Oh, Lord. This man here.

I walked out of the door and closed it back before locking it. Xavier left before Cassie even got here. He had to go to the office and I didn't stop him. He had to do what he had to do. Opening up the passenger side door, I hopped in and closed the door back. She pulled off and talked the whole way there before we made it to David's Bridal. Glancing at Cassie with the 'really' face and she shrugged. "It's a family tradition." Before getting out of the car.

I watched as Nora measured Cass. The smile could not leave her face nor mines. I was so happy for her and Tom. He always talked about getting married.

"Can you measure it three sizes up, please?" Cassie asked Nora and she nodded her head.

My eyebrows clenched together. "Why would you want it three sizes up?" I asked.

Cass blushed and looked away. "Um... No reason." Yeah, okay.

Shrugging my shoulders, my attention turned towards Miles, a kind albino stylist, as he had his measuring tape in front of me. He measured my waist, height, and breast cup size. Cassie was very verbal about how she wanted the dresses. Hers and mines were very different compared to the bridesmaids. Being Cassie, she doesn't want a typical white wedding dress. No, she had to go all out to make sure her vision of a seductive red dress with the black trims and red bottoms heels. And, made sure mines was midnight black with lavender trims, a cut out back and black pumps. The picture she drew was very creative and nice but I've never seen these colors at a wedding. But, It's her wedding. She can do what she pleases and I'm just here to assist her.