Chapter NINE: Take Me To Church

Groaning, I slipped out of bed. I must be late. I looked over at my clock and noticed that I woke up a half an hour ahead of time. I stretched my body while yawning. Slipping on my slippers, I opened my room door and opened the twins' room door. They were still asleep so I quietly closed the door back before walking down the hall to Mia's room. I opened her door and she was sitting up on her bed.

"Good morning, Mia." I smiled at her.

She looked up from her phone and smiled. "Good morning. Are you okay now? You seemed really upset last night. What happened?"

"A misunderstanding." I gave her a tight smile before walking in her room and sitting down on her bed. "You have a boyfriend, don't you?"

She gave me a confused face before slowly nodding. "Yeah, I do. What does that have to do with anything? Are you going to tell my parents?"

I held the urge to roll my eyes. "Like they would care." I muttered. "Listen, Mia. You have a boyfriend and you're old enough to understand your feelings. And you're old enough to understand love-"

"Wait," She held her hand up, signalling me to stop talking. "You have a boyfriend, aunty?" Before I could answer she continued. "No way. I have to meet him. When are we going to meet him?"

I shook my head. "No, Never mind. Um, I'll be downstairs making breakfast. Take a shower and get dress. We're going to church in a little while." I stood up and made my way out of the door before she could utter another word.

Jogging down the stairs, I slowly walked into the kitchen. I tightened my hot pink robe before opening the refrigerator.

"Damn it," I groaned. I forgot to buy groceries. This month's been tough for me. I had some much on my mind. Ugh, forget it. I thought to myself.

Grabbing the peanut butter and jelly jars out of the refrigerator then slamming it shut. I reached at the top of the fridge and grabbed the load of bread before putting them on the table then grabbed a knife and three plates. I quickly made the sandwiches and made sure the cut the twins' in half. That's the only way they can eat their sandwiches, ever. And it gets annoying sometimes.

"Breakfast."

I walked over to the sink and put the knife in there before putting the peanut butter and jelly jars back in the fridge and the bread on top of it.

"Kids!"

I leaned against the counter and folded my arms as I heard tumbling feet coming down the stairs. Before I knew it, the twins were running into the kitchen while Mia trailed behind them. I watched them quickly sit down at the table and eat their food.

"I thought you said breakfast?" I heard Mia mumbled while she bit into the sandwich.

I shook my head and sighed. "If you don't want it, don't eat it. I'm not forcing you to eat." She looked back at me then continued eating. "I'm getting groceries today, anyways."

I walked out of the kitchen and went into the living room. Sitting down on the couch, I grabbed the remote off the table and turned it on.

"When you're done eating, put the dishes in the sink for me." I called out before turning on the television.

I flipped through the channels before stopping at one of those drama reality shows. Love & Hip Hop, I think it is. I don't know. I don't always watch these kind of shows because I barely have time.
_

"Wait, okay, why does Joseline act like that?" I thought out loud. "Maybe it's because she doesn't like Mimi." I stared at the television. "Okay, I'm so confused on what the heck is going on." I leaned closer. "They are really trying to fight over this guy. Stevie J is not even half attracted and he's such a player. Maybe cause he has money and probably a big -"