Chapter 8

This is dedicated to MaximumJoly1 .....Thanks for helping me start back up!!!

  "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is."  Jim Morrison   

Lilly****

I looked at the strange alpha my eyes pleading I did not understand the strange almost whining like noise he was making but the emotions he was feeling rolled over me and made my heart stumble. He looked dejected. I wagged my tail when his bright green eyes looked at me. The color of spring they reminded me of fresh buds as they speared through the snow in the throws of spring. As mother nature brought the once cold frozen land back to life turning the once black and brown foliage to bright shades of green with splashes of color from the wild poppy and honeysuckle. 

My tail thumped harder still into the fresh snow as he brought his hand (strange looking as it was) to rub my head and gently tug at my ear in a loving manner. A soft rumble crawled our of my chest in contentment. If I could I would purr like a puma. 

Licking at his hand I stood up and walked in the direction of the pack, I could hear the noise they made as they continued to make their dens suitable. They were loud much louder than any woodpecker or elk in rut ever was. The Alpha walked quietly behind me, the only sound that of his boots crunching the fresh snow.

Eric****

The Luna walked ahead words the pack as I wrestled with my wolf. On one hand I felt the natural desire to mate with her and create tiny futures that would grow in her belly yet on the same hand I could never force it on her. She was wild, she as smart as she seemed to be was a wild animal prone to all the behaviors that that entailed. She may fit in with my pack in a almost dog like way. Protective of pups and respectful of leadership but she would not understand our behavior much past that of a dog. Yes she had a human side but I questioned whether the wolf in her had killed it long ago. I would let her keep the Luna title if not for the protection it granted and attempt to teach her the rules of the pack but it would be a long and hard rode till she could be a functioning member. 

Eventually we made it back the the pack, they bustled about not really paying attention to our arrival. They were busy gutting more cabins to accommodate the new additions to the pack. The new pack mates had already adjusted into the pack as much as possible besides the quick glances to make sure they were not being duped and about to be punished for their attempted slaughter they were fine. 

Their wolves were the cause for it though. Wolves were a dominantly pack animal and if given the chance would blend into a pack out of self preservation. They craved and needed the comfort and structure a pack would provide. Yes the odd balls existed who could live with humans or by themselves and not go mental from it but the common wolf would feel the affects of a missing pack. 

That was why the Luna had lived so well with the wild wolves, she had found a pack that would appease the wolf in her and allow her to live comfortable even in the harsh Canadian wilds. 

My beta walked up to us trailing behind him a large black wolf, the gamma of the other pack, and said "this is Mason the gamma he has asked if he may bring some of the family's that were left in the states here he has agreed to bring any pack warriors with and quietly vacate the territory they once owned" I looked him once over and noticed how he almost cowered under my gaze his wolf shaking in fear of its new alpha. 

"Yes take him make sure to bring any and all cash and clothing you can any items that may help us bring, take fifteen pack warriors and three scouts" I said as I watched mason the gammas wolf now calming slightly the shaking slowing to a slight tremor. Nodding my beta led him off to gather the needed supply's the gamma following dutifully in his shadow.  

The next person to approach was the Den mother April. Curly brown hair and dimples she gave off a warm homey feeling that put others at ease you could not help but love her. At the moment she was bouncing a flax haired boy on her hip maybe 4 years old as he chewed on a piece of jerky. 

"Alpha we need a school for the pups if not to education at least so we can give the parents a break so they can tend to the pack needs" she paused "There is a green house being built and they are trying to make several fields to grow crop the school house is a must I cant keep the pups under control without walls and a door to lock them in they are wild! Today one tried to climb to the top of the hospital." I eyed the child while he may be quiet at the moment they were wild and could drive any person mad. There is a reason some animals eat there young.

"Fashion one of the larger cabins into one for now we will fix the issue later but that can be a temporary fix" Stepping around her I let the Luna continue leading me.

My cabin. The door was completely busted in allowing the snow and ice to coat the floor in a white blanket. I followed her in as she sniffed around. The two wolves we had killed last night now gone and the only memory the scratches along the walls an odd drops of blood here and there staining the snow crimson. 

The I pulled the upright and set it outside as i linked my beta to have someone fix it as soon as possible and began the clean up process. 

Thanks for reading please comment and vote!!!