Chapter 8: What is Gone

Allison took a step forward.

"A-Aden is that really you?" She put a shaky hand out.

Aden smiled, "Yes Allison. Its me."

"But y-you died a-and I-I saw you...." Allison was at a loss for words.

Aden chuckled, "Silly girl. You must have been dreaming again. Come on, you'll be late for supper again if we don't get going."

"Supper? Aden we- wait where are we?........" Allison looked around her.

The woods were gone and replaced with a large foyer.

"Sir, your mother is requesting your presence in the dinning hall." The butler, James told him.

"JAMES!" Allison ran forward and hugged the surprised butler.

"Um Uh Um....." James took a step back as Allison hugged him tightly.

"James, I'm sorry about all those pranks we pulled. I'm sorry for being a spoiled brat. I'm sorry about that time where me and Aden-"

"OK. Huggy reunion is over." Aden pulled Allison off the butler as James dusted off and straightened his suit and clearing his throat.

"Thank you miss for the kind apology, but I do not understand why." He said.

"You were shot and-wait a minute....Where are your scars?"

"Um.. excuse me?" James was completely confused.

"Silly girl. She must have been dreaming again." Aden took a step forward and grabbed a hold of her wrist.

"It wasn't a dream! It really did happen I swear!"

Aden chuckled, "Come on we gotta get going."

Allison was pulled forward as she tried to get out of his grasp.

"Aden, let me go. This isn't funny! Since when have you cared about being on time?" Allison jerked her hand free from his grasp and stood with her arms crossed.

Aden chuckled, "Oh Allison. You need to stop day dreaming and come back to reality. Today is moms birthday. Don't you remember? She is having a party."

"Wait." Allison took a step back. "Mom doesn't like parties."

Aden took a step towards her, "Perhaps she had a change of mind then."

Allison shook her head, "Who are you?"

He chuckled "Allison, what do you mean? I'm your brother."

She shook her head. "No."

Aden frowned, "Well that's not very kind Allison."

She took another step back, "Your not my brother. Something isn't right."

Aden snarled with his eyes now glowing red, "Now now Allison. Don't be like that. Let us go back to the house. I'm sure mom is waiting."

"No."

Aden shook with anger and jumped at Allison.

Allison threw up her hands and closed her eyes waiting for impact, but it never came.

Slowly opening her eyes, she was greeted by trees. She was back in the woods.

Her cheeks were wet from tears. She stopped one as it made its way down her cheek and wiped the rest of them off.

Something broke off from her feet and fell on the ground.

She bent down to look at it and found that it was dried up vines. She picked one up and it withered away with the wind.