Chapter 5: Can't Stay

As it turned out, the Hatter was a great cook. Allison closed her eyes in bliss as the sweet smells of food wafted to her nose.

I deep growl interrupted her and she blushed in embarrassment as she realized it was her own stomach.

The Hatter let out a laugh while Marc just smirked.

"Ok its ready." The Hatter set a plate down in front of Allison, who was sitting at a little bar stool inside the kitchen.

He took a place next to her and began eating while Marc did the same on his other side. Allison looked back at her plate and looked at the strange meat in front of her.

"Aren't you hungry?" The Hatter looked at her strangely. Marc just continued to eat his food.

Allison looked at him and then back to the food, "Ummmm........What is this......and how am I suppose to eat it?"

Marc choked on his food spitting it out everywhere as he burst into laughter, "Its a hamburger!"

Allison's face turned a deep red as the Hatter tried to hold back his laughter.

"Sorry, I didn't know..... My family didn't eat this kind of stuff..."

The Hatters face soften as he looked at her, "Here, You eat it like this." He picked up his hamburger with his hands and took a bite.

Allison cautiously picked it up and took a bite out of it.

Ketchup smeared around her lips and some of the other toppings slide out through the bottom.

Allison turned a deep red as she wiped away the ketchup. It was good, but she just couldn't eat it that way.

"Alright princess here." Marc droped a fork and knife in front of her.

Allison flinched at the word. For some strange unknown reason, she didn't want to be seen as a princess.

"Don't call me that." She looked up at Marc.

"Ok then, darling."

Her faced turned a deep red as she looked at the Hatter as Marc was laughing uncontrolably.

"Don't call me that either!" She glared at the Hatter.

"Why not?" he chuckled.

"Cause!"

"Oh yes because thats a logical answer." Marc rolled his eyes, grinning.

Allison glared at him. Why did he have to be that way? One minute he is threatening to kill her the next he is laugh like nothing happened.

She let out a groan and put her head in her hands.

"Hey, " the Hatter nudged her, "look I'm sorry. ok. Don't frown like that."

Allison looked back at him and gave him a small smile.

"See thats more like it."

Allison looked back at her food and stared at it despite her rumbling stomach.

"Hey if your not going to eat pass it over." Marc held out his hand.

Allison ignored him and continued to stare. Her mind was traveling a mile a minute as she thought about everything that has happened to her in the last few hours.

"Hey are you sure your ok?" The Hatter looked at her with a worried expression.

"Ya, uhh..." Allison pushed the hair from her face, "It's just.....As thankful as I am for you guys.....ummmm...I can't stay here." She looked at him, pleadingly.