Chapter 7: The Encounter

Allison woke up with a groan. Her body shook with every breath and it felt like her legs were being ripped off.

"Morning sunshine."

She looked over and saw Marc sitting next to her.

"Marc?.....What happened? Where are we?" She looked at the blurred green and brown background.

"We are in the woods. My place was destroyed so I grabed the Hatter and brought him out here and then went back to get you." He told her.

"Oh."

'Guess he really wasn't kidding then.' Allison thought to her self.

"Rest up some. I'll bring you some food in a minute. Hatter hasn't woken up yet so we'll be staying here till he wakes up." Marc stood up and dusted off his pants before heading over to a small fire.

Allison tried to sit up, but her aching body resisted.

She let out a groan and Marc chuckled, "Your in pretty bad shape. I don't think sitting up right now will help you any."

"My leg...."

"You had a pretty deep cut and you seemed to have lost a lot of blood. Honestly, you should have died from the blood loss. Lucky for you though, I had some 'eat me' moss."

"A what?"

"Eat me moss. Depending on how you use it, it can shrink almost anything. I used it to shrink your veins long enough to slow the blood and give me a chance to cover your wound. In another 30 minutes or so you should be ok to walk around."

"Oh ok." Allison reached for her Ipod that was suppose to be in her pocket, but when she reached for it she felt empty air.

Letting out another groan she looked up at the sky. It must have fallen out. There was no telling where it was at now.

She heard movement to her left and then footsteps.

Slowly turning her head, she came face to face with the Hatter.

"Hey..." He said awkwardly.

"h-hi"

The Hatter Sat down next to her and reached inside his pocket.

"Uh.. you dropped this, and I thought you might would like to have it back..." He held out a small rectangle item that Allison recognized.

"My IPod!" she gratefully excepted it from him as she started putting the head phones in.

"Um... would you.....like to listen?" she held out an ear piece to him an he excepted it.

Laying down next to her, they stayed quiet as the music began to play.

"So......um hows your leg?" The Hatter broke the silence.

"Oh uh, fine. It still hurts a little though." she replied.

"Oh......"

Everything got quite until Allison spoke up again, "So.......about what happened......"

The Hatter turned his head to look at her.

Allison thought for a moment then continued, "When those......things attacked.....I saw you...........you looked different..." She said ignoring the original thought she was thinking of.

The Hatter let out a sigh, "Mad............They call him Mad."

"Him?" Allison was confused.

"There is another side of me, a darker side. He comes out when ever I get angry." He told her.