1920

Ripping.

Burning.

I can't breathe it hurts too much.

Swirls of blue, black, purple, red, cloud my vision.

I am being ripped apart in time and space.

I land.

In mud, again.

My back! Why? "Agh!" I say as I sit up to look around.

It seems I am on a muddy road, just fucking great! I stand and start walking.

I feel the hot tears falling from my eyes....my heart is sobbing for him...he was my one true love...I feel like my soul has been ripped from me...

A car that looks like a 1920s red and black ford going racing passed me, but it stops and reverses back to where I am.

A cute bleach blonde in a white flapper dress with black eyeshadow and red lipstick looks me up an down before saying;

"Are you okay?" She has a English accent so I must still be in England.

I only shake my head no.

"Get in." She says with a sad look in her eye.

I get in the car not caring that I should not trust some random person, but with my background in kickboxing I don't need to worry.

After I am in she takes off down the road like a bat out of hell.

"So what happened to you?" She asks me.

"I was robbed." Wow I used that same lie on Henry.

"Do you want me to take you to the cops?" She says with shock in her voice.

"No...."

"Did the robber.....rape you?"

"No."

"That's good." She seem relieved.

"My name is Marry Smith. What is yours?"

"Keegan Fox."

"Oh like the female Knight?"

"The what?" Oh crap!

"You know the one that King Henry the VIII was in love with, she is well know in English history I would think you would have heard of her."

"Umm oh yeah her....yes I was named after her." I lie too much.

"Do you have any where to stay?"

"No."

"I need a flatmate so you can stay with me."

"I can't do that to you."

"No, it's alright since I need a flatmate."

"But I have no job."

"I know a place you can get one if you don't mind advantage."

"O-okay."

                    *************

It's been about 3 months now living in 1920, the job she was talking about was working as a waitress at a gentleman's club, I plan on finding something different soon but until then this will do.

When Marry asked me my age I said 21, I am not ever gonna age so why not shave a few years off.

With my first paycheck I brought a history book about Henry, and it pretty much went the same as before I changed history only a few different details...namely me....

I guess I am really looked up to as a woman knight...I'm a household name....weird... It only says that I disappeared never to be seen again. I wonder if Kat told him?

Also instead of him dying from what I had healed him of, he died of a broken heart...when I read that I dead inside... I feel nothing now...though he is never far from my mind and heart.

I also did research to see what happened to my drawing book..but I couldn't find it. Maybe after hundreds of wars it is long gone.

I have been thinking of what to do next...I might take a shot at journalism.

As time goes on I take writing classes, I go to college. I had to get a fake ID and brith certificate made up, I should be fine.

My knew story is I was born in England from American parents and when I was 4 we moved to America and that's why I have a American accent.

After graduating In 1923 from College I land a interview with a newspaper.

I put on slacks and a sweater, I get a lot of looks from dressing like a men and at times get hit on by secret lesbians, I say secret because at this time they had to keep that stuff on the lowkey, and I will say I did have a few hot naked nights with a few women, but no one has my heart but a dead man....

I leave the apartment in London where Marry and I live to go to the interview, I just go ahead and walk.

I make it to the newspaper, I am now sitting waiting to be called into the interview. There is a cute redhead typing away at a typewriter, I think I might see about going out for drinks with her later.

I get called in.

I walk into the office room and see a older looking man with blonde hair and brown eyes, he isn't super hot but he is cute.

"Please have a seat miss." He says not looking up from something he is writing.

"Thank you." I say as I sit.

"I see you graduated top of your class."

"Yes sir."

"So why do you wish to be a journalist?"

"I love writing, it's as simple as that, and why not."

He gets a smile on his face.

"All your recommendations are wonderful, all of them say that I would be a bloody fool not to hire you so you start Monday."

"Thank you, you won't regret it."

We part with a hand shake then I leave.

I made sure to get the redheads number to take her out to drinks, I will have to see how the evening goes before trying anything on her.

Since ...since my love is dead and I am dead inside I have become a terrible playgirl and have broken a number of hearts.

I go to the gentleman's club to tell Marry about my new job and about the redhead, Marry knows that I tend to get it on with other women so I can tell her about all my flings.

She has her back to me so I sneak up on her.

"BOO!"

"AGHH!"

"HA!"

"damn it Fox!"

"What? You made it too easy."

"What do you want, Doll?"

"I came to tell you I got the job!"

"YAY!!!!!!" She grabs me into a hug then jumps up an down.

"Let's go celebrate." I say pulling her out of the club so we can go to a pub and drink so much that we wake up not knowing where we are at.