Finding the rebels

I lay in his arms listening to his heart beating I love listening to his heart it is better then any song.

"Keegan my love?"

"Yes?"

"Will you sing me that song?"

"What one."

"The one you are always singing when you think you are alone."

I remember that he is talking about the song Wicked Game.

"Alright..........The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
With you
With you (this girl is only gonna break your heart)

What a wicked game you played to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do to let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do to make me dream of you

And I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
No I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
With you

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No I don't want to fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
With you (this girl is only gonna break your heart)

No I (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
(This girl is only gonna break your heart)

Nobody loves no one..."

"....I will only ever truly love you." We kiss deeply, I feel butterflies in my stomach like a teenager that has just had her first kiss

                     ************

Henry saw us off to find the rebels in the hills, he made me wear warm clothes and armor so I would be well protected. The day was cold it was raining when we left for the hills, we do not really know what to expect but we will be ready.

I am riding up front with Charles in a group of 30 including Charles and I.

"So what have the rebels been doing?" I ask Charles.

"According to the report of late they have been burning farms of those whom will not help them, and stealing from the King and what not. Are you ready to kill some rebels?" He says with cheer.

"For King and County." I say to reinforce my readiness.

We rode hard to the hills, we last learned the rebels were seen somewhere in the east side of the hills.

It's evening by the time we set up camp.

I sit alone in my tent thinking of Henry, for ten years we have been lovers and for ten years we have shared a bed....I know the time of him leaving Cath and marrying Anne is soon..I don't wish to be there for that.

I fall fairly quickly into a light dreamless sleep.

The next morning we ride through the woods silently searching for the rebels, so far we are finding nothing...

"Maybe they have moved on?" I whisper to Charles.

"Maybe." At that moment a arrow goes ripping though the air into Charles shoulder!

"CHARLES!" I scream as I jump down running to his side, the arrows missed his heart by a hair, I pull it out and stop the bleeding. As I am doing so men are pouring from the trees, all the men are fighting Charles and I join in the fight.

It's a long battle, we are losing...I am fighting a very young looking kid he has to be only 15, I push him to the ground and say;

"Go damn it you are too young to die!"

"I can hold my own!"

"I said go! You have your whole life ahead of you!"

I all a sudden felt a sharp pain in the back of my head then everything went dark.

                    *************

Charles POV.

One moment I was speaking with Keegan the next pain was running through my body like angry wolves, she took the arrow out of me and stopped the bleeding when all hell broke loose.

We were fighting side by side one moment then the next she was few yards away from me, before I knew what was happening she was over a mans shoulder knocked out cold, She is being carried away! I can't get to her there are too many in the way.

Soon there is only 20 of us left, the rebels have run like cowards!

We search a week for Fox before we return to the castle, I fear for our lives! Since we have gone and lost the Kings love, though my men have no idea that she is his highness love.

                   *************

Henry's POV.

I have had no sleep this time they have been gone searching for the rebels, I need my darling Keegan by my side, 10 years with her has made it difficult to sleep without her.

Oh my beautiful Keegan she has not aged a day since I met her...so beautiful like a warrior angel...

"Your highness they have returned!" a Guard says running in my study.

"Show them to the throne room!"

I am ready to see my love again, I do not think I will ever let her go after this.

I walk into my throne room taking my place upon my throne, they are shown in...I see Sir Charles and only 19 other men besides Sir Charles...my heart drops, where is Keegan!?! Surly she is cleaning up before I see her.

"Where is she?" I demand.

"She.....she has been taken by the rebels...we looked for a week for her....but the weather forced us to return...I request more men to continue the search."

My heart feels like it has been stabbed, I can not breathe...my love, my light, my everything has been taken by those damn rebels!

"I WANT HER FOUND! AND I WANT THOSE REBELS HUNG!!!"

I will find what is mine and mine alone.