A love that hurts

Charles left after our little talk so I could let his words sink in. I wish with every inch of my being that I had not left Henry, I can't help but wonder if I will forever regret? Or will I forgive myself for leaving when I should have stayed?

I dress in my old clothes, I missed the leather jacket.

I have to see Kat.

I find out where she is living and ride there, I am sure I will anger him but I need to talk to someone.

It's raining hard as I ride to see her, the rain is stinging my steel gray eyes, the wind is blowing my long midnight black hair, I am freezing.

By the time I get to her home I am shaking. I am shown in an sat down with a blanket wrapped around me, she runs in grabbing me into a hug, tears are running down her face.

I hold back my own tears but there is a lump in my throat that doesn't seem to want to go away...

"Keegan I heard you were back...I thought you had been killed!"

"I thought I would be killed many times but I seem to have made it out alive."

"Don't ever scare me like that again Keegan!"

"Alright I will try not to."

"Good."

"I need to tell you something.."

"What?"

"I am not from this time."

"What do you mean?"

"I am a time traveler, and I can't age."

"Are you joking?"

"No, think about it, my clothes are not like any clothes here, everything about me is not normal to this time."

She looks deep in thought before she surprises me.

"I believe you, Keegan."

"You do?"

"Yes, I do, I don't know why but I just believe you."

"Thank you for believing me...I have wanted to tell someone this for so long.."

She hugs me tighter.

"There is more that you want to say isn't there."

"Yes....I am leaving...I plan on time jumping soon."

"What time will you go?"

"I don't know....maybe the 1920's"

"That is so far away in the future."

"For me it is the past, since I am from 2015."

"What is it like?"

"Women have freedom and can do as they please."

"Sounds like a dream."

"It's not though."

"When will you go?"

"To night."

"How-" she is cut short as I disappear before her eyes with my words lingering in the air.

"Goodbye my friend, tell him I am sorry and I will always love him....,"

Kat's POV.

She is gone.....

My friend is really gone...

I admit I hated her at first, when I first met her..I acted like a child... Henry was all I had left of my true love..yes he was the brother to my love, but I felt like I had a bit of the man that I lost in Henry...though I realized how wrong I was. I can't help but laugh at myself, O how when you are young you think with insanity. But I saw he truly loved her, he loved her more then he loved power, something about her made him a great man and King. When I accused her of being one of his whores and she gave me a mouth full then stormed out of the room him and I had it out, we yelled at each other for a long time...I knew then that he had not yet taken her to his bed, I knew right then and there that he was actually in love! If he wasn't then he would have already had her.

Something about her I felt drawn to, I wondered what kind of woman could make someone like Henry into a better man, her and would have long conversations, I leaned how she loved art, and how she had a wonderful childhood, I leaned how she still missed her parents...I leaned what a brave woman is was... I will miss her so much..

I am ripped from my thoughts by a voice I know well.

"Where is she!?!"

Henry's POV.

"Where is Keegan?" I ask Charles.

"Last I heard she had taken her horse and gone out riding."

"In the rain!?!"

Him and I both took off for the stables, the stable boy said she had gone to see Kat, we ride off to get Keegan, I don't want her to leave the castle for a while, she needs to recover from her ordeal.

It's raining hard, but I am use to riding in rain like this, find the sting of the rain refreshing.

Once we are there, we put our horses in the stables, we see her horse.

I burst in yelling!

"Where is she!?!"

Kat looks like she was in deep thoughts, she has tears felling from her eyes.

"She felt..."

"What do you mean?"

"There is something you need to know about her."

"What?"

" she is not of our time."

"What?"

"She said she can not age and she is a time traveler, then she disappear before my very eyes."

"I believe you Kat. But I don't want to believe that she left.."

"She said to tell you she is sorry and that she loves you..."

I fall to me kneels...I can't believe she left me...

"NOOOOO!! Please!!! No!!! My love!!! No!.....please come back..."