"Doug, if you don't get your fake Italian leather shoes and knock off cologne out my face!" Lois hissed.

"My question is, did she get fired?" Doug asked.

"You're all about to get fired if you keep snooping around private conversations!" Perry growled.

"But isn't that... our job?" Sheilah mumbled. One look from Perry's face and she was out.

Jess walked back over to her desk, stepping over the jumble of people still trying to get up. Lois, after Clark pulled her out of the dogpile, Clark, and Sheilah came over to talk. "I can't believe you dropped the Batman story." Lois mumbled. Sheilah sipped on her coffee in agreement with what she said.

"Whatever happened, I'm glad you aren't doing it anymore." Clark smiled gently. "He's dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt." He waved at the girls before leaving to do what he did best, dig up snakes that were Batman.

Lois waited until Clark was gone before turning to look at her best friend. "What happened?"

"You can't tell anyone this, especially Clark." The girls nodded their heads. "He came to my apartment and asked me for some help. I used Lex's card he gave me, got what I needed off his computer... secretly, and dealt with integration from Lex about his father."

"Lionel?" Lois asked.

"Yeah." Jess mumbled. "He then gave me Lionel's final letter before I left. His message was coded which said, 'Lex is dangerous'. I tried to tell him I need to keep investigating Lionel's death, give him justice, but he said I couldn't and threatened to lock me up in Arkham if I continued."

Sheilah and Lois made eye contact with each other. "He can't do that, can he?" She asked.

"If he can make up some excuse, I wouldn't put it past him." Lois grumbled with her arms crossed. "Past is the past, you need to bury that Lionel case Jess. I'm being serious. If Gotham's nocturnal man is saying it's dangerous, don't dig up snakes..." She stopped herself. "Ew, I'm starting to sound like Clark."

Jess rolled her eyes. "I'm not fragile Lois."

"Yeah, you may not be, but if you keep falling further down the rabbit hole, you'll end up exposing your secret." Lois was right and Jess knew it. There was a part of her that hated being told no. Her gut was telling her to go for it as well.

Jess ran a hand through her hair. "This isn't about Lionel anymore. This is about if Lex Luthor is a threat or not. I trusted Lionel, if he says his own son is capable of harming people, then I have to take that leap of faith."

"But that isn't the entire reason why you've been so weird." Lois stated with her eyes narrowed. "It's him."

Jess leaned further into her chair. "He hasn't come to see me since that night."

Sheilah shook her head. "Well, just be glad you haven't grown feelings." When Jess didn't answer and just looked away, Lois's mouth fell agape. "Oh God, you did... no me diga..." Sheilah mumbled.

"Jessica... what..." Lois grabbed at her red hair. "You hardly know him!"

"Don't play that card with me." Jess hissed. "You knew Clark for three weeks, he became the 'it', and you kissed him."

"That's different, I researched him beforehand." Lois wanted to take back that last sentence from how bad it sounded. "We almost died."

"And that makes it any better?" Jess asked with a raised brow. "Listen, I don't put into the life you built with Clark, don't tell me who I can and can't have feelings for." She stood to her feet, grabbed her bag, and left the girls still standing by her cubical.