11 | I Got Away With You

AN hour had passed when Jessica and Alfred made it into the city of Gotham

She started to feel her heart race even faster than before. The last time she was in Gotham, she almost got put into a sex trafficking ring and had a cheesy make-out session with Gotham's notorious Batman.

The world could just swallow her whole if the Bat found out. That would be so bad. Why did she put herself into these situations? Alfred noticed Jessica's tense state and gave a slight chuckle. "There is nothing to be worried about madam, I assure you, Master Bruce is nothing short of a gentleman."

"You seem to be really close to him."

"Of course, after his parents passed, I raised him as my own." Alfred smiled; he was practically his father. Jessica smiled at that, at least he wasn't alone. "Now, tell me something about yourself, madam."

Jessica shifted in her seat; she wasn't expecting that question. "I'm from Smallville, Kansas. My brother and I were actually adopted when the meteor shower happened in 86." She explained. "My life is pretty standard. I hope that isn't too boring."

Alfred pulled up to the manner, exited the car, and opened the door for her. "Quite the contrary." He chuckled. "I do hope you enjoy pasta," Alfred smiled, helping her out of the car. "Master Bruce specifically requested it for tonight's plans."

Jessica smoothed out her pantsuit while looking at the glass-filled mansion. A certain fear started to creep up on her, the old 'you break it, you buy it' rule. Jared's jewelry store was hitting her all over again. Of course, this was not Jessica's first ball game, she remembered the nervousness in her stomach when Oliver took her out on her first date in college.

Although their relationship was not meant to be and she set up Oliver with her best friend, Chloe Sullivan, she couldn't help but feel those same butterflies in her stomach but ten times worse. And she has no idea why.

Alfred led her to the steps of the mansion and there stood Bruce in a nice black button-up shirt, black slacks, and polished dress shoes. It made Jessica's heart flutter, the same heart flutter that she gets when Batman is around. Pushing that thought to the back of her mind, it was just her and Bruce.

The peppered-haired man led Jessica into the dining room, not before complimenting her of course. "So, tell me about yourself." Bruce asked, looping his fingers together. "If you want to, that is."

Jessica chuckled, looking down at her plate of food. "Well, as I said to you before, I'm from Smallville, Kansas nothing in my life really happened until my brother and I were about sixteen." She placed her napkin on the table.

"Hobbies?"

"Well, I've been reading sappy romance books since I was thirteen." Jessica replied. "I also bake like no one's business. Cookies, bread, pie, the classics. I ice skate, it's been a really long time so I'm probably really bad." She laughed gently, making a deep chuckle escape Bruce's chest. She paused for a second before a gentle smile spread across her face. "I love to look at the stars, going to museums, and planetariums. Point to a star in the sky and I can show you what constellation it belongs to."