4 | Day of the Dead

AS a factory crumbles to ashes in Juarez, Superman glides down carrying the girl who was trapped in the fire along with Superwoman carrying a little girl unconscious by the smoke in her lungs

The people watching take off their hats in reverence. Reverence to something they see as God now. Saints from a distant star as they believed God has blessed their planet. They kneel before a very thankful woman to deliver her children back, the crowd, many of whom are dressed in Día de Los Muertos skull make-up, extend their hands in adoration.

Clark wasn't fazed by the overwhelming thankfulness of the people, having grown used to it over the two years he's been Superman. Jess, on the other hand, found it worrisome. These people saw them as Gods when they were far from it. Jess knew there would be a time where she would have to address the growing problem that was indeed the Supertwins, but she didn't think they would get there this fast.

The longer they were the Supertwins, the more they would become untouchable Gods by many, icons if she really thought about it. She wanted to be a symbol of Hope, showing the world that it was okay to be kind. She didn't want to be a biblical saint in a modern-day world. 

Since it was quite late into the evening, Clark and Jess landed on her apartment balcony. "Well, that was ashier than anticipated." Clark breathed, patting off the ash on his suit.

"That's why I hate fire calls." Jess sighed. "But tide pods do get out the soot from the suits." She dug in her drawers for a few seconds. "I know Lois is asleep so you can take a shower here." She tossed him a pair of grey sweats and an old shirt she stole from him. "Maybe spend the night if you want."

Clark nodded his head. "No problem." He walked towards her bathroom, pausing to look at her. "Jess?" 

"Yeah?" She asked, turning to look at him.

He debated on apologizing for being so confusing with his feelings. Instead, he smiled. "Love you." From his small sentence, a soft smile graced his sister's lips. He felt love spread across his chest as he felt what she was feeling through their bond.

"I love you too, Clark." 

After their showers, Jess made themselves Hot Chocolate and turned her record player on low. "So, when are you proposing to Lois?" Jess asked with a smirk.

"Ah, I've been waiting to get in contact with her dad to ask for his blessing." Clark answered, taking a sip of his warm drink. "Haven't gotten anywhere yet."

Jess sighed. "You aren't going to get anywhere with Sam." She buried her hand in her hair, leaning on her elbow. "I tried calling him when Lois got her Pulitzer the first time. Didn't bother to answer." She nudged his leg with her foot. "Might as well propose to her without his blessing."

Clark chuckled with a nod of his head. "I actually want to just catch up, if that's okay with you?"

"About what?" She asked with a raised brow.