7 : Hangover And A Wallet

Start from the beginning

Inder gave a threatening look. "Scram." And the beggar man was gone.

"Thanks." I whispered, still trying to catch my breath to calm myself down.

Diego opened up the wallet and widened his eyes, as if something had shocked him. I couldn't figure out what before he threw the wallet over my head till it landed on the floor. "Come, Delilah."

"But-"

"I said, let's go!" He had a sense of urgency laced in his voice. He grabbed my arm and tugged on it but I stood my ground.

"There's no way! There are pills in this, someone can get sick if he doesn't take it on time!"

"Let him die, I don't care!" He seemed really angry so I just took a step back and grabbed the wallet from the floor and held it up in the air. 

"But I do!" I turned on my heel and ran towards the limousine. Luckily for me, they were watching the whole scene, especially the large bulky man. He seemed more surprised than anybody else.

What is going on?

I handed his wallet. "You dropped this." Just before I handed it in his hand, I noticed a family picture with a similar face in it as well. He thanked me. "Do you want a ride?" I shook my head and ran after Diego who had already stormed off.

"Diego! Stop please, Diego!" I ran faster and caught up to him. He had started drinking from the beer bottle that he had. I tugged on his muscular arm.

"Please!"

"Get lost!" He pulled his arm back with such an amazing extreme amount of force, causing me to fall with a thud on to the pavement. 

What made a cold salty tear run down my cheek wasn't the terrible pain I felt on my back but the fact that he didn't turn around to look at me.

He just walked and disappeared around the corner. As I just stared at the direction he walked away, the large bulky man ran to me and picked me up. "Are you okay?" I just nodded and tried to get rid of the shock you get after a fall.

The large bulky man dusted my clothes and introduced himself as Mr. Paladino.

~~ Inder's POV ~~

I couldn't believe Saru would even do it, I don't care about him, he doesn't deserve someone like her to help him, or even look at a man like that. I shouldn't even care even after what he did. I couldn't contain my anger so before I could lash my anger out on anyone in public, I went home and grabbed a couple of beer bottles. I chugged, bottle after bottle.

For most people, they would be drunk by this time, but I wasn't. I was too used to drowning my tears in alcohol. I was doing this because I missed Delilah already. I miss her smile, her occasional laugh, her neat hair, her thick black glasses, and most of all, her innocence. With all the girls I have been with, I have never met a girl like that. All I could was whisper her name in my head over and over again.

The thing is, I couldn't forgive myself for what I did to her, I was just so angry and I was clouded with all the terrible memories and anger I had to conquer during my 15 years in jail.

As I was drinking, I realized, I had to apologize, take her to a stylist, get an IIM graduate attracted to her and get her father's blessings because the last thing I want is for her to end up like me. And I'm a terrible person.