s i x t e e n

Chapter 16 | He's like Judy hops from Zootopia.

'Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.' ~Anonymous.

Listen to 'Take care' by Rihanna and drake for this chapter.

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

"Thank fuck I'm outta that shit hole!" I praise, looking up at the sky and breathing in the fresh air.

Dustyn chuckles to himself and shakes his head. "You exaggerate too much. It's becoming a bad habit of yours."

I turn around and glare at him, still bathing in the air that doesn't smell like sick, hospital germs. Yeah. That is actually a smell. I lift my good hand and flip him off, causing him to chuckle. "Yeah. Laugh, you fat booger. Why don't you go and live in a jail for three weeks, then we'll come back to this conversation, yeah?" I snarl playfully.

"Come on, Al. Surely it wasn't that bad." Dustyn says in a disbelieving tone, loading a plastic bag with my clothes in the boot.

"How would you feel knowing that doctors and nurses will come into your room as they please, never getting a second alone and not being allowed to go outside?"

"They only did that because you tried to run away." I roll my eyes at his comment. He gives me a serious look then adds, "Twice." I sigh in exasperation and pull open the car door. "Why'd you run away, anyway?" he asks, turning the engine on bringing the car to life.

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" I ask sarcastically. "J. A. I. L. What does that spell? Jaiilll-" I drawl out but he cuts me off.

"Okay, okay. I got it." He puts his hands up in mock surrender and grips the wheel, pushing his foot on the pedal, making the car move swiftly.

The car grows silent, both of us lost in thought. I wonder if Jack asked Blair out yet? Gosh, I haven't even called her! I am such a bad friend. "Dusty, drive me to Blair's." I order him.

"Okey-dokey!" he smiles widely at me, a full ear to ear grin.

Wanting to cut the silence, I ask, "How's things going with you and Sydney? You made a move yet? Any lip locki-"

"Oh, shut up, will you?" he grunts in aggravation.

I ignore him and continue. "Just sayin', my ship has been built, just waiting for it to sail. That means, I need more action to act as my wind. You know what they say: ships can't sail without wind." I joke half-heartedly.

He chuckles. "That's not a saying, Al." He points out.

I fold my arms over my chest and shrug. "Well, it should be."

"You are so naïve." He laughs.

Minutes later, we pull up at Blair's cosy house. I ask Dustyn if he wants to come in but he says he has stuff to do. With Sydney. A suggestive waggle of the eyebrows and the bird later, I'm making my way to a hedge at the front of Blair's house. I honestly don't know why people hide their spare keys in the most obvious spots. Blair and her family is just another puzzle that I won't solve anytime soon.

When the sound of the click emits from the lock in the door, I twist the doorknob and push open the door, twisting the key anti-clockwise and pulling it out before hollering an, "I'm home!" Seconds later, an excited Casper is thrown in my arms. He hangs off my hip as I practically drag myself in her house.

Once Blair comes into my peripheral vision, a full cheshire cat smile spreads on my face, threatening to split my face in two halfs. She sprints up to me and engulfs me in her signature friend hug, squishing Casper's face in the process. He wiggles his head out of in between mine and Blair's hip, panting for air. "You almost killed me!" he yells, his face red as he bends down and grips both of his thighs. "I always knew you were planning to kill me. But does mum and dad listen to me? No!" he exclaims in pure anger.