There were times that I just want to let go. Just find someone else and accept the fact that he would never see me as more than a friend. But it wouldn't hurt to hold on a little bit longer, isn't it?

        Actually it does, I was hurting every time he talks to Lois. I was hurting every time we talk to one another then he would glance at her. What does he see in her? Beauty?

        "Jade, do you still remember Ethan Stewart?" Zach asked.

        "Yeah, of course, I remember him. What about him?" He was long gone, not dead, but he left two years ago from the Daily Planet.

        "Who's he?" Asked Clark.

        "Just someone who worked here years ago," I answered.

        "Weren't you head over heels for him?" Zach stated.

        I looked up to him who was staring at me intently, "That was two years ago, Zach." I looked back down again on the papers.

        Clark reminded, "I thought you said that the person you like is the person who you love so much in your whole life."

        I looked up to him, "He is. I got this strong feeling that I can't explain. I don't know. It's not the same with Ethan." I glanced to Zach who gaped.

        He mouthed, "You told him?"

        I quickly shook my head.

        "What?" Clark said as he looked at me in confusion.

        I glanced at the cup on the desk, "It's just Zach, he was about to take a sip on my drink," I lied, looking down on the output once again.

        Zach said, "Jade."

        "Hmm?"

        "What if I told you he's back here in Daily Planet?"

        I chuckled, "What are you talking about? He's in California, why would he be here?"

        "I don't know. Why don't you ask him?"

        I looked up once more and found Zach who was staring behind me. My eyes widened, "You're joking, right?"

        He pointed, still staring, "Look behind you."

        My pulse quickened, before Clark came, Ethan was the person who I liked the most but not the way I love Clark now. However, it seems like it wasn't totally gone, there was a hint of feeling there.

        I turned around slowly, and I saw him there, talking to Perry. His eyes connected with mine then he waved at me. I turned back around quickly, eyes shifting to Clark who has a solemn look then to Zach who grinned, "Would you look at that. He waved at you."

        I forced myself not to blush, "He's waving at someone else."

        "He's not, why don't you talk to him?"

        "No!"

        "Let me guess you still have a teensy-weensy feelings for him."

        I glanced down on the paper on my hands, "No, I don't. That was two years ago."

        "I bet you twenty dollars, Jade, that you won't talk to him."

        I pursed my lips and glanced at Clark who was watching me and became silent. "Fine."

        "What are you waiting for?"

"I'm busy," I said, waving the papers.

        He took it, "Now you don't." He turned me around to face where Ethan was, "Come on, Jade. You can't wait forever to the person you love. Besides, I heard he's single and looking for someone to be with."