Part 17- The Flower Blooms

Christopher's POV

She's on my mind 24/7. It's been about three months now. The absolute worse three months of my life.

You know what makes it even more depressing? The mere unknown. The fact that I don't know if calling her a whore will be the last words I'll ever leave to her.

The days drag on and on. They feel empty and meaningless.

I know I've known her for about two days but it's not about how long you've known someone, it's about the impact they've made on your life. Whether it be for years or a few days.

I miss her.

That cute little giggle, her victory dance, her smell, her walk- Everything.

I visit her whenever I can. I try to swamp myself with work so that I can forget about the dark cloud looming over my head. Some days work better than others, though.

Sometimes, when I visit, I run into Daytona. That bastard doesn't know when to quit. I caught him holding her hand. He will not take my Alex from me.

Please wake up soon, my angel. The world needs your purity.

Alex's POV

I've learned how to control this white room, to some extent. If I focus hard enough, I can change the scenery. My favourite scene is a beautiful meadow with lush green grass as far as the eye can see.

I spend my days gazing at the the clouds. It's so beautiful.

It's almost like lucid dreaming. I've tired imagining up my father again but I keep failing. I wish I could catch up with him.

Christopher regularly visits me, as well as Chandler. Hell be warned if the two of them run into each other.

Chandler pretends I'm alive. He speaks to me as if I'll be able to respond, he tells me the funny encounters he had that day. I wish I could laugh.

Christopher acts as if he knows I'm doomed to die. He'll apologise over and over again and do nothing else, although, he'll occasionally add a cute pet name.

I must admit, I have forgiven him already. I can tell he feels guilty about what had happened. His voice breaks whenever he apologises and I can hear the sincerity in his voice.

Is that him again?

"The doctors are losing hope, my flower. They think it'll be best to... " don't say it.

"--turn off your life support machines. "

My heart began racing. They want to kill me?

My heart rate monitor must've been going crazy because I heard him say-

"A-Alex, can you hear me right now? If you can, please wake up." He urged. Easier said than done.

I then heard a few doctors run in, speaking in their medical jargon. I couldn't understand a word but it sounded hopeful.

"Please wake up. " I heard Christpoher say in the background.

"Wake up, I know you can do it. Don't leave me..." He continued.

"I love you... " he softly ended off.

He loves me...

I had to wake up. I felt this huge rise of emotion and gathered up all my strength. My body began trembling. I was trying to move. I have to break these heavy chains.

I'm not going to die. I'm not going to die. I'm not going to die!

And after one deep breath, I finally opened my eyes.

Yay! Alex is awake! I'd like to thank everyone for reading. You guys are awesome 😀