0.35 - End of the Day

Start from the beginning

She seemed to relax a bit but I could tell there was going to be some deep tension today.

-

The food soon came and I wasn't surprised at how fancy it was. We first were given a small bowl of French onion soup for an appetizer. Now, I'm not a huge fan of fancy soup with mint drizzled on top, but I'm not gonna lie, this soup was the bomb dot com.

"So what do you all do every day?" James looked up and wiped his mouth with the decorated napkin.

"We don't do anything really," George mumbled.

"This place is as good as a prison. Except the food is amazing." Jordan finished.

I smiled a bit and nodded. "There's a swimming pool and a gym. I personally haven't been to that gym but I hear it's as good as new."

Michael snorted a bit and had to cover his mouth to hide his smile. Loraine giggled at the sight of him like that, and even the twins grinned.

"And don't forget the therapy sessions," Loraine piped up. "Those are the highlights of my day. So fulfilling."

George snickered now and Jordan nudged him. "Especially when they ask about how we've been moving on."

"Like we'd ever move on." George added. "If we moved on we wouldn't be here anymore."

"Ah George," Jordan laughed. "You know we're never leaving!"

They both laughed and I couldn't hide my smile. It was a. It unsettling, but in a sense true.. I mean after killing your entire family and claiming insanity I don't think they'd ever let you go either.

"What'd you do?" Connor, my little brother, had been relatively silent the entire time.

George grinned and shared a devilish look with his twin, but before they could say something, I interrupted them.

"Nothing you need to know Connor." I smiled a bit and nodded before nudging the twin to my right. Jordan snickered and rubbed the spot where I nudged him but got the memo and stayed silent.

The main course soon came by and the conversation switched once again as we feasted upon a chicken penne cooked to perfection.

"Michael what's your favorite color?" Connor asked the mute.

He pretended to pull a thinker face and looked to Loraine. She giggled and peeked past her tall friend to smile at Connor. "It's blue."

"So is mine!" Elliot suddenly yelled, earning the attention of several people around us.

He blushed and quieted down in his seat with a shy smile.

"Don't be so shy kiddo," Jordan said with a smile, digging into his food. "I think everyone here shares that favorite color."

Elliot grinned a bit and everyone went back to eating. Well, everyone except Loraine.

"Loraine," I mumbled, catching her attention. I motioned to my food and took a bite before gesturing to hers, hoping she'd catch on.

She looked a little lost before peeking up. "Oh!" She smiled and grabbed her plate before reaching it out towards me. "You can have it!"

I sighed and shook my head softly. "No.. Loraine you need to eat."

I know she hated it when we told her to eat, but without us, she wouldn't be having anything.

She blushed with embarrassment and looked down at her food. Her hands began to shake and I frowned a bit. "Here.."

I stood up and didn. Bother to fix my dress as I made my way over. "If you cut it up like this.." i showed her by cutting them into extremely small bites and pieces. "And take away about this much...." I pushed some off onto Michael's plate, and thankfully he didn't argue. "It doesn't look so bad right?" She bit her lip and shook her head.

I smiled and nodded. "Exactly. So eat that, and if you do, then that'll be enough okay? No more after that."

She chewed her lip now and looked towards Michael, kinda as if she were asking for permission. He smiled at her and nodded a bit, and when she shakily reached for her fork and took a bite, he smiled even wider.

Her parents even seemed impressed, and her mother gave me a small grateful smile before going to her own plate.

-

The rest of lunch was nice and enjoyable. When Loraine finished all her food, Michael held her hand and gave it a small squeeze before whispering Soemthing in her ear that made her smile brightly.

The twins joked around and acted normally, laughing and making everyone ( mostly everyone ) at the table laugh and enjoy their meals.

But time dwindled down and soon it was time for everyone to go.

"James.." I whispered, moving away from everyone else to have some quality time with him. "I don't want you to go.."

He frowned and pushed some of my hair from my face and kissed my forehead.

"It's only for a little while longer Lilly... you'll be out before you know it.." he smiled and brushed his fingers along my cheek softly. "I promise."

I frowned softly and nodded. A moment passed between us and when Dr.Francis announced that people needed to leave, I pulled him into a hug and buried my face in his chest.

"Please don't leave me again James.. take me with you.. please..."

He sighed and I felt his arms wrap around me in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry.."

I felt his lips press against the top of my head once more before he pulled away and walked off towards the open gates.

-

Decided not to bring in her old friends. Maybe in a few chapters or so? Idk lol.

Kinda getting lost with this but I think I'm gonna wrap it up here shortly. I KNOW I SAY THAT A LOT BUT I MEAN IT NOW OKAY?

Lots of love,

Mercay