0.35 - End of the Day

"James," I breathed.

"Hello Lilly." He said again with his charming smile. Oh, how I've missed his smile.

I threw myself at him in a tight hug, holding him close to me as if it wwere the last time I was ever going to see him again.

"I've missed you so much... and you smell amazing," I laughed a bit into his shoulder and pulled away to smile at him. He looked the same, except his hair was a bit longer. It's been three or so weeks since I've seen him but even so I don't think someone's hair can grow that fast.

"Thanks," he said and slowly let go of me and out of our embrace. The table was staring at us and Loraine smiled at me oddly.

"Was this your boyfriend then, Lilly?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

George frowned and and so did his mirror image.

"But I thought," George began.

"His name was Thomas." Jordan finished.

James stiffened beside me and I smiled apologetically towards the twins. "Um, yeah," I mumbled. "His name is Thomas. This is James. He's my best friend."

They all looked at him and smiled, nodding their heads. Well, Michael just nodded his head; he didn't exactly smile a whole lot towards strangers his age.

"James, these are the twins, George and Jordan, and that's Loraine, and that's Michael." I sat back down in my seat and James took the seat next to me. It was a bit odd not having the twins by my side like usual, but I either way I enjoyed James' company.

James sat to my left, while my mom sat on his left, with my brothers to her left. And to their left was Michael and then Loraine, and then Loraine's parents ( her father and then her mother ), and finally there was George and then Jordan. Well at least Jordan was still to my right.

And holy cow that was a lot of to the lefts.

"To the left, to the left..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" George peered past his twin and cocked his head to the side to look at me.

"Hm? Oh nothing." I smiled and shrugged a bit before falling silent.

Then everyone else grew silent.

And let me tell you, it was awkward as fuck.

"So," Loraine's mother spoke up. "Lillian, why are you here?"

My hands clenched under the table and I bit my tongue from spewing hate upon the lady. "It's Lilly, actually," I corrected through gritted teeth. Her mother was taken aback a bit but said nothing in retaliation. "And I guess you can say I was wrongly charged of having a wild imagination. When in reality I was just stating the facts."

Her mother's eyes widened and so did my own. My mom gave me a frown before sighing. "She made up a boyfriend." My mom said. "Her lies went so far that it began to affect her health and her schools and-"

"When did it ever affect any of that?" I interjected with a frown.

She sighed and shook her head, almost refusing to answer my question. "I'd prefer not to argue with you Lilly. I haven't seen you in a few weeks and I miss you."

I frowned and looked down at my empty plate and Loraine gave me a sad smile.

"Don't fret Lilly. I'm sure he'll show up!"

"Loraine," her mother scolded. Loraine jumped a bit from how harsh her mother spoke to her and she stilled, looking down at her food. Michael frowned and held Loraine's hand, rubbing his thumb along the back of her frail hand.