0.23 - Incoherent

The next morning was slow and tiresome. I waited for Thomas all last night but he never came. I thought maybe he'd be a little late, but he never came.

Despite that though, I couldn't fall asleep.

The night was a cold, and dark one, filled with only my thoughts and the ticking of the clock.

I got up at my normal time, dressed myself and washed my face. But just as I was about to go down stairs to eat, my mom stopped me and said I had a doctor's appointment and wouldn't be going to school today.

So here I am now, sitting next to my mom in a fairly vacant doctor's office. Though, it wasn't my normal doctor's office. Honestly I had no idea where we were.

"So why am I here again?"

I wasn't sick, I was sure of that.

My mom just smiled and pet my hair a bit. "I've just scheduled an appointment with Dr.Francis."

Dr.Francis? "But that's not my normal Doctor. What's up with Dr.Matthews?"

"He's not really going to be much... Help, today." I frowned a bit.

"Help? What kind of appointment is this?"

My mom just gave me a weary smile and soon I was called in.

"Miss.Maxwell? You can come back now." I nodded curtly and gave my mom one last glance before standing and heading back with the nurse.

She didn't look like much of a nurse. She wasn't wearing the sickly green colored clothes most nurses usually wear. Or any patterned print that should belong on a baby's bed.

She was dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt with her name on it.

Julie.

She opened the glass door leading to the office. Dr.Francis was scribbling on a plate right next to it.

"Mrs.Francis will see you now," Julie said quietly and smiled before gently ushering me in.

The room was small and quaint, much like a guidance counselor's office in school. The walls were tan and there was nothing more than a black leather couch, a glass desk, and a book shelf with a plant on the back wall.

"Please, take a seat," Dr.Francis was a tall thin lady, with thick curly hair and pointy glasses. She had a pinched face that made you seem like she could never stop smiling.

I hesitantly nodded and plopped down on the leather sofa. It was pretty soft and comfy despite being fixed to look like perfection.

"I'm Dr.Francis-"

"I know."

She pursed her lip but still kept her smile. "Yes. Well do you have any idea why you're here, Miss.Maxwell?"

"Lilly." I corrected with a small smile and nod. "And no, I have no idea why I'm here."

She nodded and clasped her hands together on her desk. "Well to start off, it's nice to meet you Lilly." I nodded. "Today I just want to talk. I want you to tell me about yourself."

I nodded a bit and shrugged. "There's not much to say. I don't have a whole lot of friends." I paused before continuing. "There's James, my best friend since I can remember; Ryder, he's like an acquaintance but still pretty chill; Xavier, he's really nice and had an awesome style; and then Austin, who is a girl and probably the only girl friend that I've had."

She nodded, writing down everything that I said. "And your family?"

"There's just me and mom, and then my two little brothers, Connor and Elliot. I don't see them as much, and same with my dad. Frankly I don't see my family as much as a whole." I frowned and gave her a pointed look. "What's all this have to do with anything anyways?"