Platonic

Not many people are lucky enough to have a close and genuine friend in a person as I do in someone as remarkable as Harry

Not many people are lucky enough to have a close and genuine friend in a person as I do in someone as remarkable as Harry. Having been best friends for ten years, Harry and I can never go long without the other by our side. We've spent nearly every waking moment together since the ages of nine and ten.

The year began, marking the start of One Direction's first official world tour, and in turn, the biggest test our friendship has seen yet. An unpredictable series of events both good and bad, and an increase in the distance between us, we come to realise that our love for each other may not be so platonic after all.

For the first time in ten years, we were questioning everything. Lines were blurring, feelings were shifting, and changes were happening all around us. We have already been through so much in the last ten years, can we make it through the most challenging year yet?

*****

Platonic is a heartwarming story about friendship that blossoms into a more romantic love between best friends Harry and Liv. Through Liv's eyes, you will see how this happens and how she and Harry navigate the many challenges thrown their way, while they spend time together around the world as well as apart for long periods.

The story takes place during the Take Me Home Tour in 2013, personally my favourite time for a boatload of reasons. Because of this, Zayn is in the story, and I will be keeping certain events and the time frame as close to real life as I can. The chapters are on the shorter side at first, but they get quite long as the story progresses

I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it. xx

Started: March 2018
Finished: August 2019