It was a spacious room with a brilliant infrastructure. Everything about it reflected perfection and I gasped slightly because I was stuck in a stupid awe at this masterpiece of architecture.

"Come inside, young man." A deep voice resonated from a far corner and I walked over to the place in hesitation. A very handsome middle aged man sat on a luscious sofa and I immediately recognised him. He was David Willson, the best photographer of the State.

Paying my regards, I sat down on a sofa in front of him as guided

Paying my regards, I sat down on a sofa in front of him as guided. He smiled and captured my whole body frame in his sight. Gently, he introduced himself and asked me if I was Alan Blue so I nodded in approval. The soft tone of his voice was dissolving my fears gradually and I felt myself getting better.

"You missed the interview yesterday." He raised an eyebrow slightly.

"I'm sorry, Sir." I felt myself blushing and it made me more embarrassed of myself.

"I want to know why you did it." He crossed his fingers in front of him. I let out a deep breath.

"I had to go to an important event." I spoke lightly.

"Was it more important than this?" He smiled lightly. I measured my answer thoroughly before answering.

"I guess..yes." I nodded a bit more confidently now. He chuckled lightly and picked up a photograph resting on the side table.

"This is your entry, Alan Blue. You've got brilliant photography skills and above than that, I appreciate your vision. We got many photographs from all over the State and it was very difficult to choose the winner. We spent days discussing the outcomes of our decision and finally decided to give you a try." He spoke in a very professional tone and I instantly saw the gentleman inside him.

"I feel honored and I am much grateful to you, Sir

"I feel honored and I am much grateful to you, Sir." I nodded obediently.

"You were supposed to be here yesterday but you missed this interview for something very important. May I know what it was?" He rested his back against the sofa and asked me. I closed my eyes for a fleeting second before speaking.

"I went to attend a ballet competition for the ballerina that you see in this photograph. I know her face is not visible, but that's the point. I wanted to keep her anonymous. I hope you respect my decision." I mustered up courage and maintained confidence in my voice.

"I respect your decision. I am a very responsible human being before anything else. Usually, I don't compromise on my deadlines because it's what makes me a professional but last night, I was having dinner and something very strange happened that led me to call you again today." He looked at me quizzically.

"May I know what happened, Sir?" I felt confusion dissolving in my system.

"Young man, Faye Pearl is my daughter and this might be a surprise for you but I kept her hidden from the world all this time because she herself wanted to be anonymous. I know that it is my daughter in this photograph because she recognised her dress last night. Upon my queries, she told me about you and you are here because of her." He stood up elegantly and walked over to the floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

My heart raced impossibly at this news and I didn't know how to reply to his words

"I choose you because I see in you a gentleman who can take care of my daughter. You left this interview because she was important to you above anything else. You kept her anonymous without even her demand. Congratulations, young man, for you shall go with my daughter on her tour to capture this grand event of the State. You are my personal assistant from now on." He walked over to me and shook my hand firmly as I stood up in numbness.

Faye Pearl, the ballerina of my dreams, had paid me back because she was the most perfect girl ever.

Author's Note

I know this is long but the next chapter is going to be the last one before the Epilogue so kindly bear with me. :')

How was this surprise? :D

Finally, Alan got paid back for his devotion and love. :')♥♡

Who wants more of Beyond? ♥♡

Don't forget to vote and comment. Much Love. xX
Hazel *-*