~kalon~

~ kalon - beauty that is more than skin-deep

The next day when I stepped down the entrance stairs, she was sitting right there under the tree with the stack of withered books by her side. Sunlight played hide and seek around her and her shining hair dazzled me as I smiled at her but she didn't smile back. Instead she ducked her head down and feigned as if she hadn't noticed me. My friends slapped my back in motivation and I started walking over to her with a light smile playing on my lips.

Reaching her, I plopped down on the grass by her side and rested my back against the tree casually. She turned around in astonishment and looked at me like I was a fallen star in the domain of her world. Looking at her side ways, I dugged into the pocket of my jeans and took out something before handing it to her. She looked down at her palm with awe over which a delicate pendant rested with a little ballet shoe hanging from it.

 She looked down at her palm with awe over which a delicate pendant rested with a little ballet shoe hanging from it

Slowly, a beautiful smile lit her face and poured happiness in her eyes as she tucked her hair behind her ear shyly. Extending her hand towards me, she gestured for me to put it on her neck. A light gasp escaped my lips. Of all the days that I had spent lurking in the shadows for the fear of rejection, it had turned out to be easier than breathing.

My heart raced furiously as I took the pendant from her palm and tied it around her neck after she swept her lush hair smoothly to the side. Turning around excitedly, she looked at me expectantly with a delightful sparkle twinkling in her eyes. I reached out and held her hand softly before telling her once again that I loved her. To my surprise, she pressed my hand feebly and whispered the words back to me that I'd wanted to hear for so long. She had accepted me after all this time.

She was no more anxious with me because I had accepted her for who she was..with all her flaws and imperfections so she was speaking in front of me. Being beautiful in her own way, she was everything that I needed. I was the luckiest boy on the entire planet because I had found true love. I had learned that love was not just adoring someone's beauty because beauty is more than skin-deep and Faye Pearl had it all.

I was lost somewhere in my drunken bliss when a girl came running towards us

I was lost somewhere in my drunken bliss when a girl came running towards us. She stopped for a while to catch her breath before telling us the perfect news of the day.

Faye Pearl had won the biggest ballet competition of the State!

A bubble of happiness floated inside me as she clung to my hands in excitement and hugged me passionately like an innocent child

A bubble of happiness floated inside me as she clung to my hands in excitement and hugged me passionately like an innocent child. Faye Pearl, the ballerina of my dreams, was in my arms at last. Lost in her heavenly scent, I felt as if I was soaring high above in the clouds when the girl brought us back to Earth by completing the news.

Faye Pearl was leaving town for two months because she was going on a ballet tour around the world as her winning prize.

I never knew why life gave me good news at wrong times always.

Author's Note

Alan Blue is the luckiest and unluckiest guy of the world. Isn't he? :/

Just got the love of his life after suffering for a whole year and now she's leaving? :(

I'm so happy for Faye! ♥♡ Her efforts paid off finally! Yayyy! :D but I feel bad for Alan. :(

I sooooo hope his wait ends :((( This poor guy has been waiting for so long. Hasn't he? :'(

How was this update? :)

Who wants more of Beyond? ♥♡

2 more chaps to go and then Epilogue. After that there'll be funfacts so total 4 chapters are left. :)

Don't forget to vote and comment. Much Love xX
Hazel *-*