Family Rivalries

Rose glided along King's Cross station alongside her cousins: Albus, James, Lily and her annoyingly close brother Hugo. She pulled the trolley in front of her with a strong grip; she was nervous...really nervous for this was going to be her first year at Hogwarts and she didn't know what to expect.

Her parents, alongside the Potter clan, had all told her about the school, the houses, the people...it all sounded amazing and she had already gone through all of her school books, but still she didn't feel prepared.

"I wish I could go..." Lily said with longing as she clung on to her mom, Ginny.

"Don't worry Lil you'll get to go next year" Rose said as she reached towards her hand; she took it and they continued to walk.

"Rosie" Ron said "we're here"

Rosie felt her heart leap in her chest as she looked towards the platform. Albus nervously walked towards her and nodded; they would walk together.

She let go of Lily as she and Albus ran with all of their might towards the border. With a loud whoosh they had passed and there, stood the Hogwarts Express.

Soon, the whole Potter-Weasley clan was on the platform (except for Teddy who had run off to do something). Albus fell back and rushed towards his dad as he spilled his worries. Meanwhile Rose double checked that she had everything alongside her mother:

"Cauldron...mhmm, owl...yeah, books...one two three...."

"Oh Rosie! Here! I almost forgot to give you this" Hermione said as she pulled out from her small, old pouch a gleaming new book. It was, as Rose read, Hogwarts: a history.

"Oh mum!" Rose said as she squashed her in a hug which was soon joined by Ron.

"Now Rosie...you see that man over there" Ron said pointing at a blond man "that's Draco Malfoy and over there is his son Scorpious....you'll beat him with all your grades won't you?"

"Ronald!"Hermione said shrilly.

Rose laughed and silently agreed. She had heard all about the Malfoys and was more than excited to beat their son.

Before Rose knew it, it was time to say goodbye. She kissed her parents and shook Hugo's hair before James bursted into the scene with a smug face.

"James Sirius! Where were you?!" Harry said.

"I just saw our Teddy snogging our Victoire!" He said with excitement.

Ron snorted and Albus and Harry blushed.

"Oh how cute!" Lily said as she burst into tears "I want to go too!"

Rose and Albus puffed in frustration, ready to board the train. Eventually, Lily was pacified and they slowly climbed up the stairs, onto the train.

Rose gasped in excitement as she saw the corridor; people where buzzing with excitement, candies where wizzing past, laughter resounded...Albus smiled as he shoved Rose ahead.

They walked past several packed compartments before finding an empty one. They crammed their stuff inside and sat down. Rose saw James run past them into the next compartment.

"Look!" Albus said as he pointed at the window where their parents were waving goodbye frantically and they could hear Ginny screaming:
"Say hello to Neville for us!"

Rose sighed and smiled as the train started to move. Just before her parents were out of sight, she heard the compartment door roll open. Rose and Albus turned and there in the doorframe stood a thin, platinum haired boy with beautiful icy blue eyes.

"Oh um...Can I join you? Everywhere else is jammed packed" he said shily.

Rose nodded as Albus stood up to help the boy cram his stuff into the
compartment. His eyes slid over to Rose and he smiled warmly. She smiled back and felt butterflies in her stomach.

He sat down next to Albus and extended his arm as if waiting for a handshake.

"I'm Albus, Albus Potter"

The boys jaw dropped and he lowered his voice.

"Oh well maybe I should go then..." He said with shame as he stood up.

"Why?" Rose said as she stood up. She didn't understand why he wanted to leave, was it because of who they where? " I'm Rose"

"Well I thought you wouldn't want to sit with me" he said "I-I'm Scorpious Malfoy"

Rose and Albus shuffled in their seats uncomfortably. Malfoys and Weasley-Potters didn't mix, but how could they be so rude and ask him to leave when he had been so nice to them?

"No" Albus said " Our families might not have gotten along , but why shouldn't we?"

---------------------0-----------------------
Hello! This is my first fanfiction so please take notice...I hope you like this chapter. I will try to update constantly.
Please be free to comment if you have constructive criticism, but please let's not share hate :)