Chapter 24

Her, too

Chapter Twenty Four

December 19, 2014

Shawn drove. He didn't know where he was going, but he needed to drive. Her words constantly ran through his head as he drove. He couldn't get away from her words. They were stuck inside and taunting him. Was this his karma? The woman that had stolen him would be the one to break his heart the most? The woman that could make his day by a simple smile was now darkening his night.

He found his destination to be the place he once called home. He knew that she was home, and by the hour, he knew his daughter was sleeping. Shawn got out and knocked on Christina's door. It took an impatient moment for her to answer the door.

"Shawn, it's what's wrong with you?" She asked immediately once she witnessed his face. His eyes were red, signifying that he had been crying.

"Shawn, talk to me. What's wrong?" She asked cautiously as she backed up, allowing him to come inside of the house. Shawn was trying to control his mixed emotions. He was angry, disappointed, and heartbroken.

"She.."

"She what? Who is she?"

"Bey."

"What did Bey do?" Christina asked as he came closer to her.

"She's aborting my child!" His words caused Christina to flinch. He was more than angry right now, and he had every right to be that way.

"Shawn, I'm sorry..."

"Why would she do that to me, Christina? Huh? Why would she do that?"

Christina's eyes watered as she watched him. She didn't have an answer for him. What was she to say? There were two sides to every story, and neither of those sides belonged to her.

"Did she tell you why?" She questioned softly.

"I don't care why! That's my child!"

"That's her body," Christina attempted to reason.

Shawn frowned up at her in disgust. "Are you on her side?! Yall in on this shit together?!"

Christina rolled her eyes before looking back to Shawn. She knew not to take him seriously. He was angry and without answers. Coming to Christina was for venting purposes only, and she could only listen.

"I was gonna to propose," he blurted out. "I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her...her. That one statement...that one confession...I don't even know her anymore."

Christina frowned. "So just like that, Shawn?"

"Would you? If you were in my position, would you stay with her?!"

"Yes."

"Yes?!" His voice raised as he looked at her with disgust.

"Did that women just not become a mother?"

"So?"

"So? Two weeks after we had Ashlyn, would you have wanted another child?"

"It would've been nine months."

"Sweetie, plans start as soon as you find out you're pregnant. The two of you are not ready for a child together! Enjoy one another."

Shawn looked at her for a moment and got up to leave. That wasn't what he wanted to hear. That wasn't something that he needed to hear. He hated her.

December 20, 2014

Beyoncé woke up in the empty house. Late last night, she had asked Tina to come and get Natalia for her. Tina knew what was happening. Vanessa had oftentimes told her how Bey would just shut down. It was like she was the only person in the world. She sat up on the couch and looked around. Her body ached. She was emotionally drained from all the crying that she had done.