Chapter 12

Her, too

Chapter Twelve

October 1, 2014

Bey sighed as she entered her home from work. Today was a big day for her, and she needed to prepare herself for it. She hadn't planned on piling all of this stuff on herself, but she needed to act like superwoman to keep her mind off a lot. Not only was today the day of the awards ceremony, but she was going to visit Natalia today. She had already met with the little girl twice in September, and things went great.

When Naomie said that everything was a test, she meant exactly that. When Bey arrived to the facility, she immediately noted everything. There were sockets that weren't covered, and sharp edges that Natalia could fall into. Bey knew right then to speak up, which showed Naomie that she was attentive.

Solange's meeting with Kim and her friends was awkward for Bey. Just by hearing what happened, Bey couldn't help but cringe, but laugh. The only thing that mattered to her was that Solange was on her best behavior. She didn't need Solange going to their little get togethers acting a fool. The conversation wasn't even about Beyoncé and Shawn's relationship. Apparently, they found themselves at a karaoke bar, so of course those drinks were having the time of their lives. The awkward moments were expected.

Bey walked I to her bedroom and began removing her clothing. She was trying to make the best time at this point. She needed to spend time with Natalia and be back in time to get dressed for the ceremony. The last thing that she needed was to be late to either of them. She turned the shower on, waited a bit before getting inside and showering herself. She noted that she needed to eat something, since she dedicated her lunch to spend time with her principal and Boris. They were talking about the awards ceremony, the club, and of course, she brought her baby up.

Bey finished her shower, and began doing her hair. Since she would properly do it later, she decided a simple ponytail would do her justice. Light makeup was the way to go. She squeezed herself into a pair of blue jeans and a simple light sweater. It was the first of October, and it was slowly becoming breezy. She finished her look off with a pair of heels before grabbing her purse and keys.

Bey stopped by Chick-Fil-A and picked herself up a twelve count chicken nugget meal and a small bowl of chicken noodle soup. She was thankful that she was able to have these moments with Natalia as her own. That meant that she could practically do whatever she wanted to.

Smiling, she entered the building and signed herself in. She showed the woman her identification, and waited for her to verify her. Bey wasn't allowed to see Natalia without Naomie present, so they had to wait on Naomie to send her into the room. It didn't take long, since she had called Naomie ahead of time.

"Hey," Naomie greeted once Bey entered the room. She saw Natalia on the floor playing with the dolls provided.

Natalia turned her head to see Beyoncé and immediately smiled and happily waved before dropping her dolls and running to Bey.

"Hiiii," Natalia cooed as she hugged Bey's right leg. Bey giggled as she sat her food down on the nearby table. She picked Natalia up.

"Hi, beautiful! How are you?"

Instead of answering the question, Natalia repeated it. She didn't know how to properly answer that question just yet.

"I'm good. Are you good?"

"Yes!"

Bey smirked. "What are you doing? Are you playing?"

"Yes," Natalia said before jumbling up her words while pointing to the dolls. Bey had learned years ago that babies swear up and down they are forming proper sentences. There was no need for Bey to even try to correct her or make her form a proper sentence. She simply pretended to know what Bey said.