Chapter 6

Chapter Six

July 16, 2014

"What did I come here for?" Beyoncé softly asked herself as she pushed her basket down the aisle of the grocery store. She had been running around like a chicken with its head cut off for a week now. It had been a week since Solange finally revealed to her that she had never been to New York. Bey immediately went on a tangent as to why her little sister needed to visit at least once. Solange then went on to tell her that she was thinking of attending fashion school. Everyone and their mama knew that New York was the best place in the United States to go to fashion school.

Today, she was buying foods that she knew that Solange liked. One thing about Beyoncé was that she listened. She listened to everything that Solange would mention that she liked. Bey was currently making sure that she was getting all that, even though the girl was only staying for three days. She was set to leave before Bey's next appointment with Naomie Harris, Idris's girlfriend. They have had two prior meetings, which have actually been great.

In the midst of preparing for the baby, Solange, and dealing with Shawn, Bey was also preparing for the next school year. She had less than two months, since the school year was to start in September. Throwing whatever she knew Solange would like, Bey felt a tap on her shoulder, followed by an "excuse me".

Bey turned to face a woman that she had only seen once in her life. "Kim?"

"Yes. Glad you remembered my name," she said before laughing softly.

"Well, it's fairly easy to do so. Did you need anything?"

Kim let out a deep breath. "Well, I've been trying to get Shawn to give me your contact information, but he won't budge."

"For?" Bey was a bit uneasy about this woman going to Shawn to get her information. She and Kim had only met once, and that one night ended with her and Shawn breaking up. It was true, the two of them had ended their relationship. The next morning, they talked, but there still wasn't a mutual ground. Shawn still couldn't tell her exactly why he was against her adopting, and Beyoncé refused to stop her progress.

"First and foremost, I wanted to apologize for the things I said at the dinner. It wasn't any of my business, and I do have a tendency to be curious about things. I wanted to talk to you privately about your decision."

Bey knew that she was turning over this new leaf. Solange practically preached to her that she needed to be open and receptive to other people. Basically, she was telling Bey that she needed to learn how to make friends. The problem with her and Kim was that Kim wasn't her friend. Kim was Christina and Shawn's best friend.

"Is this going to be a conversation where you attempt to tell me that my decision is wrong? I should consider other things and people?"

Kim smiled and shook her head. "I've always been pro-choice, and not just with abortion. I think it's beautiful that you wish to adopt. I also admire your passion about it."

"My passion? How do you know about my passion?"

Once more, Kim laughed before grabbing an item from the shelf. "You broke up with a man that you love for a baby you've never met. Also, I could see it at the dinner. Shawn couldn't open his mouth, and I swear you were going to pry it open."

Bey couldn't resist her laughter. "Well, yeah. I've wanted this for a long time."

"I don't know you well, but I can tell you deserve this baby, okay? If I give you my number, will you call me to meet and talk? I have a client to meet."

"Yes, and client?"

Bey watched as the proud look surfaced on her face. It was the same proud look that Bey had when she told people about her job. "I'm a wedding planner. I'm actually in the middle of planning a wedding now."