Chapter 4

Chapter Four

June 29, 2014

Sighing heavily, Beyonce entered the diner that she was supposed to enter ten minutes ago. She'd done a little bit of soul searching and knew that she had to put her pride to the side. The last thing that she wanted to do was cause a big ruckus about this entire ordeal, but she simply needed to make sure nothing went wrong. She longed for this moment, and would be damned to have a setback due to personal issues. It wasn't even a big problem for her, but she knew how women could get with their men. Mrs. Harris was possessive. She'd worked hard to get Idris, so letting him go wasn't an option.

"Are you going to stand there or come and sit down?" Idris asked her from his booth. She bit down on her bottom lip before rolling her eyes playfully.

"I'm sitting, don't rush me."

"You're already ten minutes later."

"How many seconds?"

Idris looked at her and his smile slowly crept on his face. It was something that the two of them always did. Idris had always been big on time. His time was money, and every second, every minute was money lost. Bey wasn't really big on it, since she didn't make money by the minute. She opted to waste his time just by being playful.

"What is this about? I ordered by the way," he said before pulling out his cell phone. She watched as he held down the top of the iPhone and sat it on the side of the table. That let her know that she had his undivided attention.

"What did you order me?" Bey asked.

Idris looked at her for a moment. He could sense that something was wrong with her, but he would allow her to beat around the bush for a moment before he finally asked her what she'd asked him to meet her here for.

"The club sandwich," he answered.

"With fries?"

Idris smirked. "With fries. And a milkshake."

"What kind?"

"You ask these questions as if I'm supposed to suddenly forget what you like, don't like, how you act, and when something is bothering you. So, what's bothering you? I can read you like a book, BB," Idris let her know smoothly.

Bey froze at the sound of the nickname that he'd given her. No one else had ever called her BB. It was as if Idris hadn't even noticed it, due to the fact that he was giving her a weird look. Luckily, the waitress came with their food and Beyonce's milkshake. Idris had already had his water without the lemon sitting at the table. One thing the man couldn't stand was a restaurant putting a lemon in his drink.

He thanked the waitress before waiting for his ex wife to speak.

"I'm in the process of adopting a child," she blurted out.

Idris smiled at her. "Really? How far along are you with that?"

"I've only had my first meeting. Yesterday."

"Oh, how'd it go? Did something go wrong? You need a reference?"

She smiled and shook her head. "Actually my agent is your girlfriend."

"Naomie?"

Bey shrugged her shoulders.

"What's the problem?" Idris probed.

"We were talking about my relationship with...Shawn, and she asked me if I really knew him. I guess she sensed my attitude, and commented on it while bringing your name up. I told her that I was in contact with you, and she flat out told me that if I crossed the line, I could kiss the baby goodbye."