"and this, what does it say mommy?"

Destin couldn't read yet but she was going to start learning really soon , Aya forgot that periodically because her daughter acted so much older than she was sometimes or maybe it was just because Aya just thought of her as her baby.

"Beauty and the Beast , princess."

"Perfect."

Destin started walking towards the candies and Aya didn't stop her , she figured that she'd just let her choose them. She turned to watch her child more closely forgetting the awkward angle the disk lied at in her cart with until it dropped. When she went down to pick it up she found another hand reached it first , a smooth dark brown toned arm to be more specific. She looked up into dark brown eyes and a colgate smile.

"Interesting choice."

He observed with a smirk as he handed her back the Beauty and The Beast tape, Aya was sort of bashful, the only person that had gave her a look  that intense was Devin.

"Uh yeah , my daughter picked the movies out."

"Your daughter?"

He queried and just on cue Destin came running back with three boxes of Candy.

"Destin Arielle Booker where are you going with all of that?"

Aya queried but instead of being intimidated, Destin smiled widely at her mother , even giggled a little , she knew Aya wasn't really upset with her.

"Mommy Starbursts are your favorite, Skittles are daddy's favorite and uncle Tyler likes tiny snickers."

Aya's smile betrayed her attempt at stern parenting , this little girl had picked out candy for everyone but herself , she was so sweet. She lowered her hand so Destin could access the basket and drop them in.

"Thank you princess."

"Your welcome , mommy."

Destin looked up at the stranger in front of her mom , and twisted up her face. Aya had never seen her do that look before unless she was eating a lemon.

"Des, fix your face." She told her before turning back to the stranger "I didn't get your name."

"Rakim, I didn't get yours either , or your daughters, she must get her beauty from you."

Aya smiled at this , she looked back down at her daughter but Destin was just staring at him blankly , this was so unlike her.

"I'm Aya and this is my daughter Destin."

Rakim smirked.

"Aya , interesting name and Destin too." Rakim lowered his height so he was on par with Destin.

"How old are you sweetie?"

He queried and Destin didn't talk just held up five fingers before she walked away back to the candy section. Aya stared after her , that was so weird, Destin never acted like that with anyone.

"I'm so sorry about that , I don't know what's gotten into her."

Rakim didn't sweat it , he shrugged it off, he was a stranger to her so he figured she'd just need time to warm up to him.

"Nah , it's cool , she doesn't know me , you know if you give me your number maybe both of you could warm up to me."

Aya shook her head , he couldn't be serious , she'd just met him.

"I don't know , Rakim"

"C'mon , don't make me beg , I'll get down on my knees."

"No , please, don't"