Chapter 13

"But before we go i want to give you something..." i said putting me back down into the sand.

"what is it Cody?" i asked

"i want you to have this." he said grabbing the chain around his neck with a dog tag attached at the end. "just in case we get separated on the island." he said placing the necklace on my neck after i lifted up my hair.

i picked up the tag part and examined it closly. it had something engraved on it.

CS + EH forever

 "Awh!" i yelled still staring at the titanium tag.

"yeah i had it engraved with our initials. i was planning on giving it to you later today but i felt like this was the right moment." he said as his cheecks flushed a bright shade of red.

"i love it" i said hugging it to my chest. "i have something for you." i said as i tokk off my Shaphire stone and hemp anklet. and handing it to him.

"whats this for Angel?" he asked fumbling it through his hands.

"just in case." i said letting out a heavy sigh.

We interlocked our hands and started off.

*****************************************************************************

the farther we got into the jungle part of the island the thicker it got. the brush got denser and more of it came. we kept having to brush away fern leaves and other plants.

we were walking downn a "pathway" that we found when i tripped over a tree root.

"watch it there." Cody said as he helped me back up to my feet.

*****************************************************************************

"look at this over here!" cody yelled

he was looking over at a water fall. the water was trickling down the side of what had to be at least a 100 foot tall cliff. it was so beautiful! the only way to it was a land bridge over a ravinge that was about as wide as 2 feet.

"we should go over there." his eyes fixated on the scene.

"Cody we shouldnt its too dangerous." i said.

"it will be fine" he cooed.

"okay?" i said  unsurly.

he started to lead the way across the bridge as i followed. my foot slipped off the edge but i quickly put it back on the bridge. cody grabbed my hand to help me regain my balence.

a few feet down the bridge i felt my feet slip from under me. from instinct i garbbed from Cody's hand. he quickly locked onto my hand. my other hand was down by my side. i glanced down below me, if i were to fall i would die or break alot of my bones.

i could feel my heart beating in my chest. it felt like it was about to burst out of my chest and start running into the jungle. i could feel my hand starting to sweat and start to slip.

Cody put both hands on my wrist trying to pull me up.

"i cant pull you up! im not strong enough." he said strain in his voice.

"then let go of my hand." i said tears filling my eyes,

"ill never let go." he said tears streaming down his face.

"then i will" i said letting go of his wrist

"NO!" he said as he garbbed my wrist again. he was now in his knees leaning over the edge.

he gathered up all of his strength lifting me up back onto the bridge. the was the scariest thing in my life.