Chapter 8

I hung up the phone and glanced over at her frail body. They had her hooked up to a breathing machine. Her chest rose and fell ever so slowly. Her breathing was delayed almost every time. It was so irregular too. I could tell she was holding on to her life by a measly thread.

She looked in pain, so much pain. Her unconscious body winced at every little movement, every little sound. She was afraid.   

I walked over to her body, and placed my left hand on her cheek. She was cold. Not the dead kind of cold where there is no warmth in the body left, it was juts cold, with a little heat behind it.

I could feel a tear forming in my left eye. They say when this happens it’s a form of sadness, but that wasn’t the only emotion I was experiencing right now. (I don’t know if that is really true! I got it from an old wives tale that said whenever the first tear fell from the right it meant happiness and the left meant sadness!)

I picked up her right hand and placed in the palm of mine and covered it with my other hand.

“I promise I will get Aiden. You deserve so much better. Remember I love you Angel. 143”

I dropped the hand by her side, moved a piece of hair away from her sleeping eyes, and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. I gave her one last look and headed out the door.

I dialed Alli’s number. It rang three times before she answered.

“What do you want Cody?”

“Emerson’s in the hospital. Room 201. go now. I am going to take care of Aiden.”

“What’s wrong with Aiden?”

“Ill explain later.”

I hung up the phone and headed out the door.

I arrived at Emerson’s house and rang the doorbell. Her mm answered the door.

“Hey. What do you need sweetie?” yeah. I bet she didn’t know about Emerson yet, I hate to have to tell her.

“Can I please have a word with Aiden?”

“sure honey.” She called up to Aiden. “what got you worried you look hurt.”

“Well that’s what I came to talk about. Aiden was texting and driving with Emerson in the car and now she is in the hospital because of an accident and he said that she deserved it.”

“AIDEN MICHEAL JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOU ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!”

“I’m coming I’m coming what got you pissed off?!”

Once he got to the door his eyes widened and he grabbed onto the stair rail.

‘what’s he doing here?!”

“WOULD LIKE TO TELL ME WHY YOUR SISTER IS IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!”

“Mom I can explain!”

“Don’t give me that BS!” she yelled. “Cody come in. do whatever you need to. Aiden DESERVES it.”

I always loved her mom.

“This is gonna hurt me a lot more than it’s gonna hurt you….haha what am I saying?? Im going to enjoy this!”

i ran up to him and pinned him on the floor and punched him right in his eye. he immediately raised his hands up to his eye and started screaming.

i felt my phone start to vibrate in my pocket and looked at the caller ID to see it was Alli.

"Hey Alli whats up?"

"whats that screaming in the background?"

"oh thast just Aiden screaming about his newly forming black eye."

"OH okay! but i just wanted to call you and tell you that Emerson is waking up. i thought you would like to know."

"okay tell her ill be there ASAP."

i hung up my phone and looked down at Aiden.

"i would love to do more but im afraid i have to leave and go comfort your sister. you better not do anything else to her or ill be back faster and will hurt you more than i already did. G'Day!"

********************

sorry about it not being that long guys! i had limited time on today because i was busy shopping for some clothes and oh are they KAUTE!!!!! haha im going to introduce a new charecter in the next chappie! continue reading! and STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! i love you guys! mwah!

-Lauren